XLV

Chapter XLV: Uninvited

════════ ××× ════════

BOBOIBOY STARED at the elf in surprise, unable to take in the new information that he never expected in the first place. He was so sure that those rose monsters were summoned by dark magic that he didn't once consider this possibility; usually, when something goes wrong in this mission, the dark magic would be the first one to blame and all of them led to the truth. If she never sensed the dark magic from them, then what did he and Ying see?

They couldn't have been seeing things, two of them were already witnesses. Their eyes didn't fool them, it felt real and magical, Boboiboy could feel the change in the atmosphere when he saw that flash. Y/n watched Boboiboy with a disturbed expression, thoughts leading to many weird and unbelievable possibilities but possible nonetheless. What she couldn't take were the bad motives each possibility had.

Y/n slowly leaned to the elemental hero with full cautiousness evident from her figure. She studied their surroundings for a while out of suspicion before turning back to look at the boy in front of her with a serious hint within her gaze. Boboiboy blinked in confusion as he stared at the girl in complete astonishment. She placed a hand on his shoulder before moving closer to him. "Oh, I─" he paused himself from saying anything else once Y/n gazed at him with a finger on her lips which signalled him to quiet down.

Once he finally lends the moment to her, he silently watched her with a stiff figure; he swore he felt sweat building from his forehead under her serious gaze. He suddenly felt a rush of déjà vu from when she told him Pamola's weakness back in Planet Aero; even the atmosphere suddenly changed by this action of hers. "Boboiboy," she gathered the courage to say what she thought about, doing her habit after quite a long time of not doing it.

"I am not quite sure of this but..." She whispered to him with a troubled look on her visage.

"I believe there is something or someone following us..."

"WHA─" Boboiboy was so surprised to hear this that he unintentionally made his voice louder; he was thankful Y/n covered his mouth with her two hands out of panic. The two nearly stumbled but they managed to gain their balance with the female elf still covering the elemental hero's mouth. "Please do not shout, I am still uncertain about this," Y/n pleaded at a quick pace that Boboiboy swore he almost couldn't understand her before she slowly drew her hands back to herself without breaking eye contact.

"That's the first time you called me like that with your voice," he suddenly blurted mindlessly since it was the only thing he had on his mind for some reason.

Normally he would get annoyed but hearing her say it naturally was kind of different than reading it from a magical scroll. "Pardon me?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he was thinking that. "Uh... s-sorry, that was so out of the topic... hehe," Boboiboy grinned nervously while staring back at the bewildered Lluminarian elf. Mentally, he felt stupid right at that moment.