XXXVII

Chapter XXXVII: Strategist

════════ ××× ════════

WITH HER HAND tightening around his wrist, she cautiously made sure to check if the coast was clear. It has passed a few minutes just before she decided to start to play hide and seek with their enemy, the mermaid general of Aquarius. Feeling no signs of danger nor dark magic around the area, Y/n pulled the elemental hero from behind her, hearing silent grunts of protest erupt suddenly from him. Not minding him, she continued to glance around while swimming in search for the forbidden chamber.

"Where are we going exactly? You do realise that general mermaid is still on our tail?" Boboiboy Solar raised a brow in confusion, a frown forming upon his lips."'Tail?' That is a nice way to say it but, we need to search for the forbidden chamber where the Gem of Water is hidden,"  Y/n nonverbally told him, not glancing at Boboiboy Solar. He released a confused hum before speaking again, looking at the back of her head.

"Aren't we supposed to defeat Ymeriah first or you have a new strategy in mind?" He questioned her out of curiosity. The elf sighed, almost forgetting what type of a person the light element is. She finally turned to him and dismissed the use of her scroll to finally explain the situation to him properly. "'Strategy in mind?' That is quite passable but it is mainly because you cannot defeat Ymeriah no matter how hard you try," Y/n spoke with seriousness laced on her voice.

Solar gave Y/n an offended look, misunderstanding what the (h/c) haired elf was saying. "What do you mean 'I can't defeat Ymeriah'? Are you underestimating me or something?" He scoffed in the process as Y/n's expression behind her mask fell. Feeling his pride hurt, he quickly assumed the last thing Y/n would think of him. With a blank look on her visage, she couldn't help but feel amused at this.

"You should really lessen that ego of yours at least just for this once because that is not what I meant," Y/n started. Ignoring what the elf told him, he stayed silent, wanting her to continue explaining. "What I meant is that Ymeriah is not meant to be defeated, that is her purpose after getting infected by dark magic," Y/n elaborated, glaring daggers at the light element. "What? So you're saying that no one would be able to defeat her?" He blinked in realisation.

"Affirmative, that is why we need to search for the Gem of Water," She nodded her head in confirmation, glancing back to the hallway. "Although we have not done that before, there is a possibility that it will not work..." Y/n trailed off in worry, her eyebrows furrowing in concern. The hand that she used to hold Solar's hand felt a light grip in return, making her snap towards the boy in confusion. "It's worth a shot," he spoke as he narrowed his eyes, his hand gripping on her wrist like how she did to him.

Y/n stopped swimming, causing for the two of them to stop in the middle of the hallway. A silent moment passed before she felt a smile forming on her lips before she nodded her head in agreement to the elemental hero. "That's good, now, let's search for the forbidden chamber or whatever you call it," Boboiboy Solar smiled in determination before dragging the (h/c) haired elf this time, the two of them switching places.