L

Chapter L: Owe

Chapter L: Owe

════════ ××× ════════

BOBOIBOY BLAZE PERKED his head once his orange irises landed on the figure of his friends and his two other elemental splits waiting back at the ruins where they stood earlier. It seems like Adu Du and Probe still accompanied them even after the disaster happened which was a good sign that they were keeping their word. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he felt the girl on his back stir slightly from her sleep. She sure was knocked out and he has been walking for a while now.

Everyone was relieved to see the two return, they were worried something bad might have happened while they were separated. "Dey! Boboiboy! Y/n!" Gopal called out as they ran towards the fire element, seeing his dishevelled figure from the distance. "Y/n..." Boboiboy Cyclone trailed off as he scanned the worn-out Lluminarian female at Blaze's back. "What happened?" Ying began, frowning slightly as she was concerned about the elf.

"Magic sickness, I suppose. She used too much magic," Blaze meekly answered before turning to Boboiboy Ice and Cyclone to remind them about merging again. "Let's merge back." He spoke to the two elements who nodded in unison to his request. "Finally..." Ice murmured, thinking about how long they were separated before their memories will fade away as a side-effect of splitting for too long. The three raised their fists together before light flashed, their abilities merging them back as one.

Boboiboy was back to his original form, he breathed heavily and his head ached a little bit which made him clench his jaw. He thought he deserved that for being too stubborn. The elemental hero felt so exhausted and he only split for a few hours, he didn't want to know what will happen if he splits longer than that. "You don't look good, I can carry her for you instead you know?" Yaya openhandedly suggested assisting him, noting his almost beaten-up state. The young man blinked before humming at the thought, fixing his orange salakov hat.

He carefully craned his head to look back at the female elf on his back, scanning her peaceful form while she was in a deep calming slumber. As he admired her tranquillity, his heartbeat slowed which matched the rhythm of her breathing. For a second he forgot about his exhaustion, a single look at her made him feel at ease and his worries faded away. He wondered, will he ever feel like this if he wasn't in a difficult situation? He barely relaxed once they started this mission.

"No thanks, I can handle it," He responded as a small smile drew into his face without straying his eyes away from the female elf. Gopal and Fang exchanged knowing looks as if they read each other's minds. "Can we just get to the thrilling part and get the artefact now?" A certain square-headed alien demanded with his impatience getting the best of him as usual. "Yeah! To make the gem reveal itself, we need to conjure powerful magic that can trigger it! But the question is... who can?" Probe joined in, moving over towards his boss in wonder.