LXII

Chapter LXII: Operation Llumina

════════ ××× ════════

MASTER FLYER SWIFT grinned at the elemental hero who only gave him a look of curiosity. Swift heard many positive commentaries or stories about the adventures of the elemental superhero from Planet Earth, he was eager to finally see the teenager face to face. From what he had heard, he gets along well with his former student since both of them had special roles to fulfil in this mission. The restorer and the bearer were important people in this operation.

Not only that, both of them can counter and purify dark magic which will be the greatest obstacle to their mission. "Thank you for taking care of her, she's quite a stubborn one isn't she?" Swift continued without dropping his crossed arms, studying the curious expressions of Y/n's friends. "Quite, is an understatement Mr Swift, you see not only once she almost di─" Gopal was cut off by Fang's hand that forced him to stop talking.

"I get that a lot, I know what happened anyway," Swift shook his head to himself, he already knew the near-death experiences of the Glamouran elf after he was told by Commander Kokoci. "Nothing seemed to change, huh? She's still reckless as ever," The Master Flyer let out a deep sigh to escape his lips while closing his eyes. Her friends nodded their heads in agreement, there was no lie to that statement. Y/n on the other hand didn't understand why they were speaking as if she wasn't standing inside the room with them.

And was it just her? Or Swift spoke like a parent more than he did previously when they were still in Aero? Y/n stared blankly at the group, overwhelming them with every second with her lack of emotion and her silence. Her friends and Swift shrank at her gaze, they could swear a dark mist was beginning to cover the room the more she stared at them. "I-I think w-we should return to the main concern of this meeting shall we?" A bead of sweat formed on the side of Swift's head, feeling terrified of the elf.

He's got to admit, Y/n scares him at times, especially with her unsettling silence and stares. "Alright, Neven, how're the backup weapons coming? Are they ready?" Admiral Tarung turned to the young Aeroan who gave the adult a cheeky smile. "Almost, we're working on a few modifications for the special materials you asked for. Dare I say, it will be quite fascinating to use them," the Glamouran researcher smirked, caressing his chin while looking up at the intimidating higher-up. He didn't seem to have fear as he did so, yet he was asking for a death wish.

"I see, then I forbid you from using those. I sense trouble again with your questionable intentions," Admiral Tarung immediately shot Neven down which caused him to pout, an imaginary rain cloud floating above him and pouring water dramatically. "What! Already? I haven't even said anything yet," he wailed in disappointment. Y/n turned to the Aeroan her age, thinking that he was indeed up to something troublesome. Admiral Tarung ignored the whining teenager and turned his attention back to an amused-looking Swift.