LVII

Chapter LVII: Thwart

════════ ××× ════════

Y/N LOOKED AT THE YOUNG MAN in bewilderment. She wondered what might have happened to him while they were separated. And most definitely she didn't even do anything to make him out of his mind. Unbeknownst to her, that was the point for the elemental hero. She didn't do anything and yet it feels like she has managed to reach the stars. "Pardon me?" She raised an eyebrow, blinking repeatedly at the young man behind her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I please have your attention?" A loud voice began, snapping the two off back to reality. They let go of each other, turning to the source of the voice soon after. Their eyes landed on the towering figure of General Erithrius who stood tall and proud as he faced the crowd of eldians. "It is such a pleasant dauna to have you all here, your presence is so much appreciated. This banquet is organised and made under the order of our king, King Lunos Llumina, " General Erithrius continued.

"In his stead, I am here to announce the entire reason we are all gathered here in this fine dauna," He fixed his throat before placing a hand on his chest. People began whispering, uncertain if they should trust the leader of Llumina's military. General Erithrius was an ambitious man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty for the royal family and especially for the ruler of the kingdom. Y/n tensed on her spot, she had a feeling this will not sound good.

Boboiboy glanced at the female with him, noticing her discomfort and anxiety. His hand reached to her shoulder, attempting to comfort and reassure her. Y/n turned back to him where she earned a small smile from the elemental hero. She nodded her head in understanding, pursing her lips before she could listen back to General Erithrius' welcome address. "I know we have not been on good terms these past few lunarias but, as good citizens in a respectable community, we need to take our respective parts with no grudges," the general reminded them.

"Yes, it is difficult to accept some truths. But those would not have happened if people obeyed in the first place so if I were you, I would change the way I have been viewing the king to be away from harm. The King will not do unto you if you are disciplined, honest and cooperative. So let us be comrades from now on, yes? This is for the better and ascension of our Kingdom, the kingdom of Llumina. What is a kingdom if the nobility refuses to cooperate? A useless kingdom!" General Erithrius narrowed his eyes before gesturing for a server to come forward.

"We would not want the fall of Llumina do we? Eros, our God is watching over us and it will be a sin if you turn your backs on him, quite a shame indeed. A kingdom inhabited by sinners, what an embarrassment to the other kingdoms! We are supposed to be the model kingdom for all, we are the most prestigious, most powerful, most influential and the most superior!" The head of the military continued to speak, his voice becoming louder.