XVII

Chapter XVII: The Sound of a Whisper

════════ ××× ════════

EVERYONE WATCHED in great anticipation and fear for the elemental hero. Wishing Boboiboy a good luck on the battle like always. Of course, they wouldn't just sit and watch the entire time. When everything goes out of hand, the heroes will join the fight. Although something tells Y/n that Datu has a plan on his sleeve. He was hiding something, something that is related to his abilities. The elf feels like she needs to know what it is since it may lead to their doom. But, before anything could happen, Y/n will figure the problem out. She can't let this mission fail. She was there for Swift and she will succeed for him.

"Litania Atikus!" Datu shouted, starting the first attack after he grew impatient. His hand was held up to Boboiboy Earthquake's direction, it was glowing red, summoning electrical energy from his hand. He shot his attack rather quickly for Y/n and the others but, Boboiboy Quake also has fast and sharp reflexes. "Earth Barrier!" The Earth element let out, punching the ground with all his might creating a temporary rock and land shield for him against his opponent's attacks. He successfully blocked his adversary's attack without a matter.

'Hopefully, he can keep this up,' Y/n thought out to herself. She and the others could go look for the Electric Gem with the summoned bird but, they couldn't leave Boboiboy here. Plus, Boboiboy was the only one who can restore and prevent the dark magic from completely engulfing the artefacts. Although Y/n was still curious upon why Boboiboy is the only one capable of doing this. It must be because of his elemental powers? No, there's definitely more to that. There's surely a bigger picture hidden behind all of this.

Eros didn't tell her anything about that, it may be because it is clearly wasn't the right time for that. Nonetheless, she couldn't help but feel curious.

"Shadow-"

"No!"

Y/n managed to stop Fang as she blocked him with her arm. "But why?! We can't just stand here!" Fang turned to the elf with a confused look. "Look Fang, as much as I like to also help him─we cannot interfere, Datu is not only using lightning magic but also dark magic. It is far too dangerous for us, dark magic is superior against all magic except for light magic. Additionally, we cannot defeat him with artificial powers, that is what I learned when we had battled Pamola," Y/n explained, trying to help Fang understand the situation.

"Anything that Datu summons, is too threatening since he is a summoned creature by the artefact. Boboiboy can hold back the shapeshifter with Land powers but that is not enough, I cannot let him use his Light element that much again. It uses too much of his energy," Y/n dropped her arm as she watched the battle from beyond her eyes unfold. "Then what are we going to do?" Yaya asked worriedly to the elf. Y/n let out a disappointed sigh, it was hopeless. She didn't know what to do, she always had a solution to their problems.