XXXIX

Chapter XXXIX: Unveiling

════════ ××× ════════

COSMO NERVOUSLY darted his head from Y/n to the rest of his friends, his argentine coloured mane, swaying in the process. At this rate, Cosmo was even nervous than Y/n actually is. The Lluminarian elf side glanced the pegasus guardian who looked like whose head will come off from looking back to back from her to the others. Internally, Y/n didn't know what to feel, she wasn't scared being confronted but she was just nervous to finally admit everything, she was the centre of the attention after all.

Even Captain Papa who was supposed to retire back to his chamber stayed along beside the black and yellow power sphera to watch the scene unfold. "F/n, are you sure?" The pegasus guardian was quite worried for the elf, not liking the idea of revealing everything, who knows maybe she was still uncomfortable. Of course, anyone would be uncomfortable when you're anticipated to say something by many people─well, six TAPOPS members and one power sphera but, that's the same thing.

What makes it worse was that the atmosphere was rather uncomfortable and tense, like what Cosmo had said earlier. Y/n let out a sigh of defeat, giving the pegasus guardian a blank stare before shifting her way towards him. Everyone watched her move, still expecting at least one answer. "If it means settling this matter properly then yes, I have to," she nonverbally answered the pegasus, carefully petting his mane in attempt to calm him down.

"What in the world is going on?" Gopal nervously whispered to his friends who were also as confused as him.

Y/n gathered up the courage to turn to everyone, before announcing something very important. Her heart was beating quickly from her chest but there's no backing up now, her time was up and the Aquarius mission was already finished already. Maybe if she tells them the truth then she doesn't have something to worry about anymore and she would feel lighter and a bit anxious-free even just for a little while.

"Gather around everyone, before I answer those questions. Please know that I had a purpose for hiding everything and I was afraid of revealing it just recently. Thank you for cooperating with me, Boboiboy," Y/n turned to the elemental hero who blushed red in result, not expecting for her to direct the attention to him out of nowhere. Now, he could feel the burning stares of his friends. They were almost murderous, he swore to himself. Especially Ying and Yaya's of course.

"So you did know something!" Gopal leaned towards Boboiboy with an accusing look present from his visage. "W-wait! I only found out just recently, okay? We stroke a deal and gave her time to think about it and gather the courage to tell the truth to all of you," He raised his hands in protest, glancing towards the elf and back to his friends in nervousness. "Plus, she didn't even give me the full details, I don't know all of it so it's better for her to tell us herself," he tried to defend himself, telling them the whole truth.