LXVI

Chapter LXVI: War

Chapter LXVI: War

════════ ××× ════════

THE CONSTANT CLATTERS of heavy iron reached the ears of the Glamourans as they trudged their way to the meeting ground, hurrying in groups as they'd always trained. It wasn't an agreeable sight to see, leaders howling and demanding discipline from their respective armed forces. Traditional combat transportation was being prepared besides the troops along with the medical equipment that the kingdom could offer.

With a calculating gaze, pools of shades comparable to the bright warm colour of the sun scanned the Glamouran army, an unspoken determination speaking through his eyes. The young bachelor predicted the outcomes of that elf's reign. At some point, he perceived that this was bound to transpire into reality. It wasn't something he hoped, yet it wasn't something he wanted to stop either.

'What could everything have been like if things didn't go the way it is now?'

That continuous question continued to trouble him since the dauna decided that his true loyalty is only dedicated to the Lluminaria family, to the possessor of the crown. He was perplexed, yet he had no regrets about his actions. He couldn't betray Lunos. He swore to protect and serve him even to his last breath. 'A shame it all ended to a betrayal as prophesied indeed. But that is not the end of the prophecy yet.'

'As long as he is still there, it will never end.'

"That is quite the longingness evident in your visage. Is there anything occupying your mind, Lord Elliot?" A familiar voice emerged from behind him. His empty dandelion irises darted to the proprietor of such vocals, spotting the taller figure of the older Eldian. Just hearing his voice ruined his mood, he hated talking to him; he thought he finally managed to get away from him.

"Oh, it is you..." Elliot grumbled under his breath, just when will Eros ever give him a break? The Eldian could only chuckle at the teen's displeased tone, as usual, he didn't like him. "What a rude attitude displayed to your ruler, Elliot. You were not always like this as far as I remember," the mysterious figure stepped in, the Caecus light revealing the sharp features of King Lunos of Llumina.

Elliot yearned to say the same, but he bit back his words and turned back to the scene, his eyes suddenly finding interest in the Lluminarian guards preparing for the upcoming battle. "Can you see this? For years I have longed to build this army and to take what is rightfully mine in the first place," King Lunos proudly spoke, eyeing his people's work with a hint of pride within his voice.