XXIII

Chapter XXIII: Elf Aura

════════ ××× ════════

WITH A LOOK OF SUSPICION, Captain Papa Zola leaned his face towards a nervous Boboiboy Ice. His eyes were squinted, wondering why the said element was being used by Boboiboy. "Why are you transformed? Did I miss something while I was fast asleep?!" The Math Teacher questioned everyone in front of him. "Well, it's not like we were attacked or anything─" Ochobot got cutted off by Captain Papa who silenced him. "Oh, USHUSHUSHUSH! Let the young students of justice answer instead!" Captain Papa yelled, making everyone who was with him, flinch on their spots.

"Ish, he's being too loud in the morning," Gopal whispered to Boboiboy Ice with an annoyed look. "I'm still too sleepy to deal with this," Boboiboy Ice slumped his shoulders with a yawn coming out of his mouth, he looked very uninterested unlike last night. He looked more tired than he was supposed to be. Perhaps, the said ice element is not a morning person? "Explaining everything back from the top is such a hassle, Captain, maybe─" Fang started and tried to reason but once again, Captain Papa intervened.

"You can fight aliens but not explain this situation, what's the meaning of this!?" The said Captain complained again, making everyone sigh in defeat. Y/n didn't even bother listening to the conversation as she was busy summoning Echo for them to continue their journey since everyone just finished cleaning up. The female bird flew in front of Y/n as it studied its summoner before flying to the others who were busy arguing.

"JUSTICE DEMANDS FOR YOU TO─ Echo! Oh sweet little bird of justice, are you ready to hang out with Captain Papa?" The said captain's demanour shifted suddenly as soon as his eyes spotted the adorable transparent bird flying around them. The rest who stood with tensed bodies relaxed and let out a sigh of relief; mentally thanking Y/n for summoning the little bird right on time. "Thank you, F/n," Gopal placed an arm around the elf who looked at him in confusion.

"For what?" Y/n's eyebrows furrowed. "For saving us from death!" Gopal continued, crying dramatically out of nowhere as he tightened his grip on the nonchalant elf. "Uh... you are most welcome," Y/n responded to the Indian boy with a tone of uncertainty. "You know my daughter of justice would have loved to see you~" Captain Papa continued, admiring Echo. "Moving on, we need to continue the mission. We just need to visit the Centaurs for them to guide us to the artefact and then we shall be off," Y/n began.

"Don't we need to fight off the dark spirits the artefact have summoned?" Yaya asked the elf. "Not exactly, perhaps it just depends if the artefact did summon a dark spirit. I do not think all of the artefacts will summon one unless they are completely infected," Y/n turned to the gravity manipulator. "Currently, I smell no sign of dark magic. Hopefully, this goes on," Y/n informed everyone which made them feel relieved. "Sounds like we won't be fighting for a while. Not that I'm complaining," Gopal spoke, placing his hands behind his head in a relaxed manner.