XXXVI

Chapter XXXVI: To Follow

════════ ××× ════════

Y/N GOT CLOSER to the dinosaur-capped boy, knowing how dangerous the situation is. Boboiboy didn't mind the closeness as his caramel brown eyes remained glaring upon the mysterious mermaid, Ymeriah. "I was expecting to see you, elf," Ymeriah started, swimming closer which made the two move backwards, feeling cautious of her. "What do you want with her─ I mean him," Boboiboy paused at the mistake since he was getting used to knowing Y/n was a female.

"Worry not, I know everything. I know that you are Princess Serena's little elf playmate," She started, her voice sounded mischievous and evil. "I do not want anything to do with her personally but it was not for King Lunos then I would not be here," She scoffed. "What... what did he do?" Y/n asked in reluctance, she didn't want to know the things her brother have done but inside, she was really curious. "Oh nothing much, he just decided that the artefact needs a little visit with a few of his... subjects," Ymeriah replied.

"What?" Y/n breathed in surprise, not understanding the main intentions of her brother. It's like she didn't know him anymore, it's like they were strangers now. "Aquarius knew not of his intentions and welcomed him in hospitality, which... caused the downfall of poor Aquarius," Ymeriah laughed out. "What did he do to the Gem of Water?" Y/n felt her breathing getting heavy, her heart was racing, too afraid to know in truth.

"Hm? Well, my dear, that is for me to know... and for you to find out," Ymeriah said in a sing-song voice as she narrowed her eyes at the two who suddenly tensed at her gesture. Y/n held the back of Boboiboy's shirt, feeling anxious out of nowhere. Something what her brother had done made her feel somewhat responsible for all of it. "F/n?" The elemental hero worriedly called her, noticing that she wasn't feeling well.

Evil laughter erupted from Ymeriah, feeling proud of what she has done to the poor elf. It was all words, is Y/n even ready to take on the general in terms of strength? "Poor little Y/n, feeling responsible for King Lunos' actions," she laughed again, revealing the girl's real name in front of her friend. But, she didn't care if she was exposed, all she had in thought was Lunos and the horrible things that he have caused. Boboiboy didn't comment on the name and focused on his friend.

He didn't know why she felt so affected by Ymeriah's words. 'Why would she even feel responsible for the King's actions? Did the prophecy really caused a huge chaos in Lluminaria?' He internally wondered in bewilderment. "Stop..." Y/n started, feeling furious at thought of someone taunting her. "Or what? You will use your little magic on me and save everyone? Hilarious," General Ymeriah continued.

"That's enough," Boboiboy intervened as if he was spitting venom, his eyes glared daggers upon the Glamouran mermaid who looked satisfied of what she has done. "You are not Ymeriah, you are being controlled by the artefact," Y/n added in a serious voice. "No, this is the new me," Ymeriah opened her arms wide in gesture to herself.