The ending and the beginning

This is my first time writing.
So if there is any error or mistake, or there is anything you don't understand, please tell me
And thank you so much for reading my story.

-'..' = thinking
-".."=speaking

*****

Third person's pov

In a room that was usually used to be quiet, the noise of the doctors and nurses, that are trying their best to save a young 16 years old girl could be heard.

After going on about half an hour, the doctor raised his hand from the girl's body and shook his head. A few seconds later the noises that were heard from before disappeared, as if it has never been there from the start.

Only the sound of a girl hard breathes repeating can be heard.

"Hah...Hah...", Sensing the strange atmosphere, the girl tried to open her eyes only to be meant with a realization.

'I guess it is time,' She closed her eyes back with a thought.

_Bump!

Suddenly, the door of the room was wide open with a loud noise, revealing a middle-aged woman wearing old, shabby clothes.

Her jet-black long hair that passes her shoulder is wet and dripping with sweat.

When she finished catching her breath that run out from running here, she walked to the side of the bed and saw the girl who is trying to hold out until she came.

"Why aren't you treating her?!," The woman gritted her teeth and asked, although she already know the answer.

"....."

The silence was a more painful response than denying words. It'd have been better if they had made some excuses.

She looked back at the painful complexion of the girl and held the girl's small hand tightly while yelling at the doctors.

"Why are you all just standing there?! I pay for you to treat her, not to just standing and watch."

The anger and sadness can be heard in her voice.  But no response was heard this time either.

The girl's pov

'As noisy as always.' I smiled inwardly at her voice and gathered the strength to open my eyes once again. Feel the pain disappearing and my eyelids became heavier as time went by, I know my time is losing

I blinked my heavy eyelids to look at the woman who is like my mother: though not my mother: but always act like my mother.

'If not for this person, I would have given up and died a long time ago.'

"A little more, just a little more and everything will be alright soon," She repeatedly whispered beside me with a sweet voice and a pleading look.

'Yes, because of that. Because you always look at me like that and say such unrealistic things like it is the most natural thing, I believe and believe again. But not anymore, soon I'll go."

I averted my eyes from hers because of guilty. Even though it is getting harder to breathe I tried my best to speak and let out a faint voice.

"L-leave us alone....p-please...!"

Though it is such a faint and small voice, in this quiet room it rang loudly. The doctor nodded and started leaving as the nurses followed behind him.

"Why are you leave–"

I grasped her hand when she tried to stop the doctors in a hurry.

If she shook her hand with just a little force, my hand would fall but she doesn't and watch me in the eyes with a hurt expression.

"Wh–" When she tried to speak, I cut her off as I don't have the courage to listen to the following words.

"Let me just give up"

I can see her eyes shaking as I speak but I can't stop here.

"Let me go now"

The tears fell down her cheek. My heart ached at the indescribable expression she wears.

"Thank you for being with me until now. Thank you for not leaving me...." 

'Even when my so-called family I don't know abandoned and leave me.'

I want to say but the words easily don't come out of my mouth. Though I stop talking she still looks at me silently and that makes me even more guilty.

"I am sorry. I am sorry!" For wanting to give up.

"I am sorry" For being a coward.

I started begging endlessly while tears fall down my cheek until I feel a warm hand touching my cheek. My vision is blurred because of the tears welling in my eyes.

"If there is such a thing as another life, I wish I would be your daughter."

I can feel my conscience fading away. I use all my last strength and tell her the words I've always been want to.

"I love you, Mom."

that is the first time I've called her like that. And probably the last time.

"I love you too, My lovely child."

With that voice entering my ears, I completely lose my consciousness. Though I can't see my complexion at that time, I am sure I'm wearing the happiest smile in my whole life.

And that is the ending of my life.

At the time, little did I know that it is just another beginning that hasn't started yet.

After dying, I fall into a completely dark hole. If one may think 'it is scary', but for me, it is just peaceful and quiet. I don't feel any pain nor unpleasant.

Yes, it is just so comfortable that I want to always live here. Just sleeping. While thinking to myself like that, I heard,

"Waa! Waaaa...!"

'Huh? A baby cry?'

I open my eyes in surprise and then I see an unrealistically beautiful woman???  in front of me?

'A goddess? Did I go to heaven?'

Even though the woman is sweating and pale, she is still beautiful. She has beautiful pink eyes and shimmering blonde hair with a tint of silver.

'Golden hair and pink eyes?'

Is it possible for people to have eyes and hair like that?

Ah. I see I am dreaming right now. I once heard that when people died, they sometimes dream. Yes, that's right.

And I look at the beauty again. When our eyes meet, she smiled at me.

'When she smiles, she is even more beautiful. What a great dream.'

"What a beautiful pair of eyes you have.When I looked at you a name suddenly come into mind. 'ARIANA'. That will be your name."

'Her voice is also beautiful!'

"Athanasia, Ariana, my daughters, I am sorry for not being by your sides. Please be happy, my beloved daughters."

I want to see this beauty who is saying strange things a little longer but I am sleepy. I am going to sleep soon.

And like that, I fall into the dark world again.