Unwanted Feeling

Ariana's pov

"P-Princess Ariana De Alger Obelia is entering."

The servant announced in a hesitant voice. But before he finished, the guards took me into the room. Under the chandelier of the ballroom, I was forced to get on my knees, thrown by the guards.

"Ariana."

Then, a familiar voice with unfamiliar cold tone entered my ears.

"With a generosity unbefiting of me, I let you live."

I slowly raise my stiff head to see his ice cold eyes, staring at me. Somehow I can't bear to look at the face, I've always admire.

"Even on day like this, you dirtied my peaceful mind. What should I do with you?"

Claude, who is sitting on the throne, located on the hightest position on the ballroom, with his chin on his hand, looks like a perfect sculpture of ice.

"Your majesty, please keep cal. . . ."

Felix shouted as if he couldn't keep watching.

"Felix Robane!"

As Claude's low voice interrupted, everyone in the room frozed, as if the time has stopped. I couldn't even hear a single sound of people breathing in the Banquet.

"Do you want to die from treason?"

It was the first time I saw Claude, being this cold to Felix.

"Everyone is coddling that wench so she is also being foolish."

Eveytime Claude spoke a word, the room became colder and colder.

"Count Padma."

"Yes, your majesty."

"What do you think of the wench, kneeling before me?"

The Count, who is beside Claude, answered while sweating.

"I-Is she not Princess Ariana de alger obelia, your majesty?"

"Wrong."

_Crack!

I heard something inside me broking as Claude denies my existence.

"That wench isn't neither my child nor a princess."

_Crakk!

"Not for single moment."

The entire ballroom starts to quietly murmur in waves. But the cold voice ringing from above didn't stop.

"The one, kneeling before me, is nothing more than a sinner."

_Crackle....!!

My existence shattered into pieces in air. I grabbed onto the cold marble floor, like that is the only thing keeping me from disappearing.

"So, Anyone who call her princess will be locked up for treason."

There is not even the slightest warm in Claude's eyes, looking at me.

"It was my intention to kill her if she appeared before me again."

The scene from the original story are vividly replaying in my head, like it is only yesterday that I read it.

"But it is a shame that I don't want to see blood today."

I focus on the drama unfolding in front of me, not missing any scene, like how I would watch a play.

'I should be happy. No, I'm happy. Because I'm able to see this.'

I feel like I'm forcing to think like this. But that thought quickly erases from my mind, as if to protect myself from getting hurt anymore.