Preparation (part two)

Flash Back~~

Adrian was confused by the unexpected events, unfolding in front of him. So did everyone in the ballroom.

"Take that wench out of my sight."

The Emperor who definitely cares dearly about his daughters, is suddenly being cold and harsh toward the Second Princess. The sight of the Emperor, humiliating his own daughter in front of many people was so unbelievable that Adrian had to doubt his eyes.

"Did they have a fight?"

"The Second Princess seems to have lost the Emperor's favor completely."

Whispers were spread through the guests in the ballroom like fire.

"Even so, isn't he too harsh to the pr..."

"Shh!....What if he heard? You'll get imprisoned."

Not minding the gossip, Adrian headed toward the door to follow the Princess who just left.

But before he could, he was blocked in front of the door.

"Your highess, we shouldn't interrupt in the matter of another nation. And the other opponent is the Emperor."

Adrian was reminded by the delegation of Faunus. He came here as a representive of Faunus. So, his actions is generally the same as the actions of Faunus.

But, in his mind, worry for the Princess was more stronger than reasonable decision. As, he chose to follow his heart over his brain.

_Step! Step!

Hurried footsteps were overlapping with each other as he chased after the dried trace of red blood on the white marble floor.

_Sob...!

He fastened his steps as he heard a faint crying sound, not from far way.

But, he halted after wittnessing the situations in front of him.

In the dark hallway, the Princess was embraced by a man as he was stroking her back with his other hand on her waist. Anyone who saw this would mistake them as lovers.

Adrian was barely able to see the back of the man who is hugging the Princess. But as the silver hair became visible in his eyes, he came to know the identity of him.

The successor of the Alpheus Dukedom, Ijekiel Alpleus. Adrian has once seen him, dancing with the Princess at the last Banquet. But what is their relationship?

Jealousy was rised within Adrian as he silently watch the two figures, gritting his teeth.

*****

Without saying a word, Ijekiel put the Princess into his embrace as he gently stroked her back. He could clearly feel her body trembling as she cried, not letting out a sound.

Unlike usual, the Princess seems so small and weak like she could break apart at any moment. Ijekiel restlessly checks the Princess countless times because he feel anxious by the thoughts in his head.

After a while, her hand that is clenching tightly onto his clothes lossen and fell down. Her body lost strength as she leaned more onto him.

"Ria."

Ijekiel softly whispered to her ears as he used more strength to support her weaken body.

But the response he got was a soft breathing sound, coming out from from her.

After staring at her for a while, thinking about what he should do, Ijekiel placed his arm below her legs as he lifted her up.

And he headed toward the Emerald Palace, feeling like someone is staring at him. But he paid no mind to that as he carefully walked, not wanting to wake up the sleeping Princess in his arms.

Flash Back end.

*****

"So, what is your reason for wanting to meet with me?"

As Adrian didn't talk to the point, Ariana was forced to ask him by herself directly.

Adrian, who is lost in his thoughts for a while came to his sense at the question directing him.

He put down the tea cup in his hand, thinking about how he should put his intentions into words. After wandering for a moment, he just decided to talk straight.

"Princess. I came here to remind you that my marriage proposal to you is still vivid."

Ariana was dumbfound by his words as she gave him a look of bewilderment.

But Adrian didn't stop his words as he continues.

"So, if your position here became unstable or difficult, you can always take my hand."

This was the best ways he could help to his loved one after witnessing her relationship with the Emperor.

Ariana was taken back by his words for a moment then she opened her lips hesitately.

"........Are you joking again?"

Ariana wondered if he is doing this purposely to lighten her moods. But she realized that wasn't after seeing the serious expression on Adrian's face.

"There wasn't a single moment when I wasn't serious about you, Princess."

Ariana wish that this isn't what she thinks. But that wish too was crumpled before it was fulfilled.

"So, please let me officially say this to you."

"I have feeling for you. Princess."

"........."

A momentary silence was followed after the confession of a youth.

Ariana parted her lips several times, not knowing what to answer.

'This is a confession, right? What should I say? Thank you? Sorry? How am I supposed to know what to say?' (Romance experience = Zero)

"........A-ah......"

Finally, a voice came out from her mouths but no words were found.

Seeing her reation, the Second Prince smiled bitterly as a voice mixed with sadness cames from him.

"I know this'll happen. But still I'm greedy enough to hope for something."

'His words are making me guilty.'

"......I'm sorry...."

"It's okay, Princess. But I won't take back my offer to help you. If there is anything I can do, I hope you'll ask me."

Oh! A thought poped up in Ariana's mind, thinking about his offer. But she was puzzeled whether to ask or not because the request was somewhat......umm..what should I say?

"Anything is fine."

Noticing my expression, Adrian gave me a reasurring smile.

"There is something I want to request from you. It'll be very difficult. So, you may reject if you want."

"But, I won't."

"I mean, you haven't heard my req-"

"I am a man of my words."

Gah! Why is he so hard to talk?

"Then,..................."