Engagement!

"......" = talking
'......' = telepathic
.......... = timeskip

Ariana's pov

"So, this is the fairy egg."

Lucas said while looking at the egg. But the next words he said has shocked me greatly.

"Let's eat this."

"Punch!"

While I was dumpfound at lucas's words, athy gives him a punch.

"You can't do that. It isn't yours."

The other days, I told athy about what I know about spirits and that I went to the fairy forest. The second prince asked me to keep it a serect but...... it is considered a sin for me if I lie to athy. You also agree with me, right? So, I told her everything I can. Somehow, lucas found out without me telling. Thus, this situation.

"Princesses, it is time to go."

Felix's voice comes out along with a knock.

"We are coming."

I reply while athy told lucas not to eat the egg when we are gone. Lucas always listens athy so there is nothing to worry about. Athy and I get out the emerald palace and head toward where we are supposed to.

Today, we are supposed to dine together with the delegation from faunus since they will be returning soon.

"Princess athanasia and princess ariana have arrived."

At the announner's voice, the door wides opened and reavels the people inside. At the top of the long table sits the emperor, claude and his right sits athanasia, the first princess while his left sits me, the second princess. When the imperial family finish taking their seat, the delagation soon sit down as well.

The delegation talk about the two empire and sometimes athy and I would join as well. Dining together with the guest was going peacefully until a certain second prince who is sitting opposite from me, talks.

"I want to take the hand of the second princess of obelian."

Cough! I almost chocked on my food. What did he just say?

The room atmosphere suddenly drop to minus. I hurrily look at the second prince and he winks at me? Without noticing the glare he is getting from claude.

Is he perhaps a relative of felix? Their way of not knowing what should be talk and not is too similar. And he puts oil on the fire again.

"And the second princess also seems to have feeling for me."

???What the hell is he talking about?

"Even thought she hasn't amit it yet. As I am a genteman,I'll take the first step."

At his words, claude directs his glare at me. And I shake my head to the point it would break.

"There is no need to be shy. You can tell his majesty honestly."

Is your eyesight that bad? How is this situation look like I'm acting shy? I give an unbelievable look at him while he gives me back a thump up?

Sob.....waa...god! Even if you didn't exist, won't you take pity on me?

................

"Daddy! I told you that is just a misunderstanding."

The past week was like hell for me. The second prince was sent back to the faunus empire after getting kick out of the dining room by claude along with the delegation without solving the misunderstanding. Should I be grateful that claude didn't kill anyone and just sent them back. But why would you have to leave alone, leaving me in this shit you made? Waa....

I give a look of 'please help me' to felix and he nods as if he understands.

"It can't be help. As the princesses grow more beautiful day by day, one day they will have to leave your majesty. Ah..such a lonely fate of parents. So, your majesty should get used to it sooner not to suffer later."

Shut up, felix! You aren't helping me. I asked the wrong person.

"Left if you value your life. Now!"

As the low voice of claude, felix left with a question mark on his face.

'Athy! Help me!'

Yes, in this kind of situation, I have to get help from athy.

'Do it yourselves.'

But athy rejects me. She is still upset with me thinking I didn't tell her intentionally. That is all the faults of that jerk. He ruins my peaceful relation with my family.

I stop sliping tea at my own thought. Family? Come to think of it, what is daddy angry at? Was it because a prince from another country propose to me? Or was it because he didn't want me to leave him?

I put my tea cup down and asked a question that I was always afraid to hear the answer.

"Daddy?"

"........"

"Daddy love me, right?"

I always tell that I love him but I never asked whether he love me or not. I was always afraid that I'll be rejected.

"........"

Daddy didn't answer but just silently looks at me with his emotionless face. I know I shouldn't have asked. I feel a little disappoi.....huh? Was I disappointed? No way! Why would I feel like that when I already know about the answer?

I throw away my thoughts and went back to drinking my tea. But the unexpect words that come out from claude made me flinch.

"......isn't it obvious that I love....."

It was only a quiet mumble but I catch the last words clearly.

"I love you too, daddy. Of course, I love sis too."

I said while laughing cheerfully and told to myself the words which I've always.

I'm happy because my favourite chracters say they love me. Nothing more or nothing less......

At that time, I didn't even notice my own feeling and that I will regret it.

.................

In the next chapters,

"There are children missing?"

"Please find my little brother!"

"Where did children disappear to?"

"Daddy, please let me handle this!"

"I greet the crown prince of faunus!"

"Uncle?"

"Princess ariana! A notice came that his majesty and princess athanasia are................"

"Let's return immediately."

COMING SOON.......