Realization

'....' = thinking
"..." = talking
'Abc...' = telepathic
/ABC..../ = flashback

Ariana's pov

While we're having our lovely sister time, the door open and the maids come in.

"Huh? They still not asleep?"
"Do we need to be here? They can't move on their own anyway."
"You know how fussy Lilian is. So much trouble, that one."
"Think of this as taking a break."
"What if they start crying?"
"Rock the cradle and they will be fast asleep."

'Sign...they are taking it out on us again.' I talk.

'People would think we're crybabies from the way they talk...tsk..tsk..'

'I am a child who doesn't cry even when I was born, you know

'Yes, even lily worries that we do not cry enough.'

"His majesty doesn't even think of them but they are surrounded by such luxuries. What a life."

I inwardly agree with what they said for the first time. This is a palace after all. I get three meals a day and a nice cosy bed. And a HEATHY body is the best. Except for when I went into a coma about three months, I don't even get sick.

"We're nothing but candles in the wind. We'd be dead but a snap of his fingers."
"Yes, why do we have to be the one assigned here? Did you hear about the ghost that comes out of the kitchen every night"

"It creeps me out who knows we might end like that too."

While I silently listen to the maids talking, my sis speaks to me again.

"I'm going to grow big and strong.  Steal some gold and run away. You are going to join me too, right?"

I think a little about her proposal.  Well, It isn't that I have things I want to do either. Let's join her for now.

'....sure'

We can now crawl on the carpet with ease. Then lily comes in with a golden ball in her hand. I admire the golden ball. It is sparkly. It is really right. Even in my previous life, I haven't seen real gold closely. So pretty. I can now understand why Athanasia in the story is obsessed with shiny things.

'How much I'll get if I sell this thing? I feel like I can smell the smell of money. Heh.Keke..'

It looks like my sister Athanasia is also obsessed with gold

It looks like my sister Athanasia is also obsessed with gold. I can see her drooling with her mouth wide open looking at the gold. I guess we found another thing we have in common.

"Do you like it that much, your highnesses?"

"Oak" we nod at the same time and rub our faces against lily's cheek.

"Oh my!"

Lily give a kiss on the cheek back.

"I'll bring you a new one when you get tired of it"