Unchanging Fate

Ariana's pov

-Click! Clack!

In the quiet hall, the echoes of footsteps is ringing. I was running toward a certain place, clenching the hem of my dress. I mutter repeatly in a low voice, wishing for something not to be true.

Since I first stepped foot inside the palace, the digusting scent of Dark magic was overwhelming.

"Bella!"

I call my familiar name again, hoping for a reply.

"......"

But contray to my wish, silence was the only response I got. For some reasons, my mind as well as my body feel heavy like I'm sinking into deep water.

"Hah...hah..."

I try to catch my breath after reaching the destination. I mindlessly stand in front of the familiar door, unsure about whether I should open or not. I was afraid of my thoughts coming ture.

At last, I firmly held the door knob, gathering all my courage. Tightly closing my eyes, the door slowly opened with a click sound.

"Princess!"

Lily's voice entered my ears and only then I hesitantly lit my tightly closed eyes lids.

I almost lost all the strength in my legs after witnessing the situation in front of my eyes. I wobbly walked toward the bed and hug the sleeping princess on the bed.

"I'm so glad."

The tension in my body eased, sensing the warm temperature that felt like reasurring me. I raise my body back and carefully examined Athy's conditions.

Seeing my mana inside Athy's body, Bella must've done her best to prevent her from getting badly hurt. That may be why she can't answer my call.

I furrows my eyes bows, seeing some trace of Black magic on Athy. It has been fainted but I'm sure it was a strong one. Enough for Athy to lose her life if Bella wasn't beside her.

"I'm going to Daddy."

I move toward another destination. My walking pace, heading toward Daddy, was calm unlike earlier when I ran toward Athy.

'Daddy is strong so I'm sure he'll be fine.'

But my expectation was crashed to the bottom once I saw Daddy.

"Daddy?"

I froze, seeing an anonymous black aura, surrounding Claude's body. His face was drained of color like the black fog was absorbing his energy.

"Since when?"

I self talked with a trembling voice, walking closer toward the bed. But the Chief magician who is looking after Daddy, mistook it with a question.

"A few moment after the first princess collasped, his majesty also became like this."

"Then, what is this?"

I asked with a terrified face, pointing toward the black fog. The magician asked back after looking where I'm pointing.

"What are you asking about, Princess?"

I quickly turned back my head to see Felix, making the same expression as the magician.

'Either they have gone blind or I has.'

I roughly rubbed my eyes and looked again. But nothing significant in my vision has changed.

"I want to be alone for a moment."

Everyone got out with a pity expression on their face. But there is no way I'll be able to notice that.

"H-how did something like this was.... p-possible?"

I stutter, taking a step closer toward Daddy.

This is no doubt a curse. And a very strong one at that. It's like a miracle itself that Daddy is still breathing until now.

But as far as I know, the Anastasius in the story wasn't strong enough to cast a strong curse on two people at the same time. If not, he'd have imediately take the throne once Lucas left.

'So, what is the difference?'

"Ah!"

I exclaim as a realization hit my head.

Missing children! He must've joined hands with the Crown prince of Faunus. Maybe they have been sacraficing children for Black magic over the past two yesrs, hiding in the dark.

I slowly outstretch my hand toward Claude to purify the black magic.

-Spark!

A small lighting hit my hand, making me retreat once I touch Claude. Soon, Black chains appeared all over my body along with an sudden pain.

'So, that wasn't a dream after all.'

I fell on the cold floor, leaning the bed. I clench my clothes tightly, feeling suffocated cause by the intense pain, spreading through my veins.

But my hands extending toward Claude didn't back down. I forcely used my mana again and the chains choked my neck, making me grasp for air.

'Something like this doesn't hurt at all.'

In my mind, the words denying the truth were repeated again and again.

....................

If you like this chapter, I'd be grateful if you vote for this.

Please tell me your opinions about this chapter.

And Let's meet at next chapter 'Forgotten'.

Thank you all for reading my story.