Missing children (part two)

"........." = talking
'........' = telepathic
............ = timeskip

Ariana's pov

"Raven has really been absorb into me."

I look up from my book to see athy laying on the couch while mumbling. She has been like that since hearing about raven. I close the book I'm reading and walk toward athy.

"This won't do. Let's go out for a bit. Then, you'll feel better after that."

I explore together with athy to all the beautiful moutains and fields I've seen. (While catching criminal.) After that, we stop by at the orphanage I frequetly visit.

"Miss! You've come again."

"Yes, this time my sister also comes."

I introduce athy to the children and play together with them until I notice that someone is missing.

"Why don't I see mary today?"

At my question, the old lady seems to be hesitate about whether to answer or not.

".......actually, we haven't seen her since yesterday."

"Exactly since when?"

"From yesterday evening since she went out saying she has something to do."

Listening to our talk, athy telepathizes to me.

'Is she perhaps run away?'

'No, it's impossible. Though she is the oldest among here, she is just a shy and timid 13 years old girl.'

And it's still too early to say that she went missing.

"I'll go find her around here for today. If she didn't come back after a few days, I'll do something about this."

Then, the old lady tears up at my words and bows her head.

"Thank you very much and I'm sorry for giving so much trouble."

"There is no need."

..................

"Iris!"

I went to see Iris because even after a week, Mary hasn't come back. And I haven't even find a trace of her like she just disappeared.

"Ho! Seeing you don't call me lady, there must be something you want, what is it?"

"Did you find out about what I asked before?"

I asked the main point without talking roundway.

"Yes, that woman is a widow noble lady from waylon. You know waylon is the nearest village from the capital, right?"

"I know, so keep explaining."

"Anyways, her only son went missing about four months ago so she used all her money to hire a mercanary to find her son but that man was a thieve and run away taking her money. It seems she comes to the capital for that reason."

"Aren't her relative the one who kinapped her son?"

I asked a possibility but iris just shakes her head.

"It is impossible. From what I search she doesn't have any relatives. Not to mention, she is only a noble in name. She doesn't own any land nor weath. She is no different from a commoner."

I went into deep thought after hearing Iris's explaination but what she said after that was even more shocking.

"There are many similar cases, wanna hear?"

...................

I went to see claude alone the next day. Claude who is working with a piles of papers stops and looks at me.

"What is it?"

How should I answer him? Uga...I didn't plan the words how to ask him.

"I just come because I miss daddy."

Without much thought, I sit beside claude and admire his face while leaning on the desk. After a moment, claude went back to working. I glance over the paper on the desk and pick up a certain paper that catches my eyes.

This is a report about the missing children in obelian. Exactly the same as Iris told me yesterday. And the reason why I come to daddy today.

"Daddy, can I ask how long has this case been going on?"

Claude looks at the paper in my hand and answers.

"It has been going on about half a year."

"That long?"

"Those pests aren't doing their jobs well so I'm going to send someone."

Hearing claude's words, I said with twinkling in my eyes.

"Daddy! Let me....."

"No."

"I haven't said yet."

"I know what you are going to tell. You have no experience in things like this."

What do you mean no experience? I've been catching criminals for the past six months. But I can't tell him that.

"I'm already grown up so I want to do my official duty as a princess"

"You are still young."

I'll be 32 this year in the inside though. I look at claude's eyes and said with a determine look.

"I promise to take responsibility for everything I'll do. So as a princess of obelian, let's me help the citizens."

At my serious tone, claude finally gives in. After all, there is no parents who can win over their childrens.

"I'll give my permission."

"Thank you, daddy."

"But under one condition."

..................

"Ari, you've come."

A brunette girl runs toward  me as soon as she saw my appearance. Now, I don't need lucas anymore as I can change myself into any animals form I want at anytime.

"I come here today to tell something important."

Jennette looks at me curiously asking what it is.

"I heard there has been many children missing nowadays so you should also careful."

"Just that?"

"What do you mean just? I said it is important so listen!"

"Hehe...ok, I will."

Jennette is now a mature 16 years old lady. Look at how much she has changed from the story. I am so proud for raising her.

"And I won't be able to come here for a while because there is something I have to do."

Jennette becomes disappoint and asked back.

"For how long?"

"I don't know exactly the time but maybe about four months or more."

"But you will promise to come back, right?"

"Yes, I promise."

................

I also change some letter with ijekiel telling him about my work. But I look at the letter he sent back in disbelief.

[I will also take part in the investigation. If you don't mind, can I give you a hand?
                                          Ijekiel.]

Well, there is no harm in having a partner who is smart and he willingly asked himself.

[Then, I'll look forward to working with you.
                                              Ariana.]