The World Tree

Ariana's pov

"A.R.I, so you know a way to cure Daddy."

Athy asked once we got back into the room with Lucas.

"Yes, that..."

I glanced at Lucas, planning the words in my mind.

"Lucas, I haven't asked until now. But do you bring THAT?"

Lucas averted my gaze. Maybe because he was worried about the risks of that method, Athy used in the story.

"Umm...th-"

"Take. that. out."

Only when Athy ordered with an angry voice, Lucas stretched his hand to the front.

Blinding light radicated from something that came out from Lucas's palm. It was the branch of the legend scared world tree.

"W-what is that?!"

Athy shuttered because of the shining light that blinds our eyes.

"This is the branch of the World Tree."

"With this, we can cure Daddy! Let's use this right now."

"Wait!"

I tried to stop Athy from grasping the branch, but that was already late. Along with Athy, I accidentally touch a part of the branch and light devoured me into a world full of it.

_My child.

A drop of tears escaped my eyes and flowed down my cheeks.

_You will be given another chance.

There was a white tree in front of me, speaking with a voice that wasn't unfamiliar.

_What is your wish?

And a girl was standing in front of the tree. Her black hair, the opposite of the tree was fluttering though there was no wind blowing.

_My wish is . . . . . .

With an overflowing emotion rushing into my chest, the memories which were once forgotten by me was relived again.

And all my unsolved questions were answered.

The reason why I was so obsessed with Athy and Daddy.

Why I hate Lucas so much from the first time we met.

Why I was always different from the other.

And why I was given a chance to live this life.

I believed I could be happy in this life with the family I chose. I assumed there were no mistakes anymore. I thought I won't be greedy nor disappoint whatever the result became.

In the end, I was wrong from the start.

This was bound to happen no matter what I do. No matter how long it takes.