Purifying black magic

"........" = talking
'.......' = telepathize

Ariana's pov

I was too busy learning how to use magic in the past months. Now, I can control my mana quite well. At least, it won't act without me knowing anymore.

"I heard that you've been unwell, your highness."
"Are you alright now?"

It has been a while since I last attend a tea party. Only athanasia attend in the last months.

"I'm alright now. The weather is good today. So, we prepare a boating. Would you like to, my ladies?"

I suggest as I don't like to deal with too many people. The ladies glady accept and we all go to ride boats.

'What happened? Are they scared?'

Sensing the strange atmosphere before getting on the boat, athy telepathizes me.

'No, they all want to ride with...."

Before I could finish explaining to athy, the fight between the ladies became more firece.

"I'll ride with princess athanasia."
"Then I'll ride with princess ariana."
"That isn't fair. I want to ride eith the princesses too."
"But one boat only fit two person."

It is just as I guess. This is a scene where the ladies are fighting on who will ride together with athy. The knly difference is that I'm on the list they want to ride together as well. And jennette isn't trying to ride together with athy like the story. She is just watching the ladies fighting.

'Shall we ride by ourselves?' I suggest to athy seeing as the fight wouldn't stop soon.

'We can't do that. Since they are the guests, it'll be more appropriate if we ride with them."

'Then, good luck on choosing your boat ride partner.'

Since athy rejects me, I'll just make sure that jennette wouldn't end up boating with athy.

"Shall we ride together, lady magarita?"

"It'll be my pleasure, your highness."

The ladies are too busy fighting among themselves to notice me and jennette boating together. Jennette is also pacing out since we get on the boat.

"Lady magarita? What are you thinking so deeply about?"

At my question, jennette comes back to her sense.

"My apologies, your highness."

"No,I'm not blaming you. I just ask if you have any concern."

For example, meeting someone who looks like claude in duke mansion....etc

"Er...it is..."

"I'll give you some advice if it is something I can."

"Actually, it isn't about me but my friend."

I'm 100% sure that it's about herself.

"My friend has a friend but her friend suddenly stop coming so I wor...I mean my friend was worried about that."

None of my guess was correct. Isn't she talking about me? Come to think of it, it has been about 4 or 5 months since I last went to meet jennette because I can't fully control my mana. I should go visit her soon.

"I'm sure your...I mean her friend will come meet yo..her soon."

"Really?"

"Of course"

Jennette seems to be more happy at my answer than when I ask her to boat with me. She really has changed.

"I've heard that you've been ill since you were young. Are you alright now?"

It's obviously a lie made by mister doggy to make sure jennette won't meet with many people.

"I'm ok now, your highness. Thank you for your concern."

"When you're in duke mansion, how do you usually spend your time?"

"I usually bake cookie or cook...."

Jennette answers in a quiet voice so I only heard the last part.

"Cook? Do you enjoy cooking?"

"Ah! I-it is just a hobby of mine but the duke said cooking is the servant job...."

Wow! This wasn't mention in the story. Jennette like cooking? The cook, jennette would suit her but in this world noble considers cooking as a servant job so it must've been hard for jennette to freely enjoy her hobby. I should cheer her a bit.

"What a wonderful hobby you have! I hope to get to tease lady magarita cooking"

"It'd be my honor, your hignness"

After that, silence falls on the boat. I carefully look at jennette who is looking at the lake. I can understand why lucas would call her chimera since I can clearly see her mana. Her mana isn't like athy and daddy. It is mixed with black magic. Should I try purifying her black magic? Is it possible?

While my thought are in the cloud, it is already time for the tea party to end.

"I've enjoyed today tea party, princess."

"I too hope to see you again at tge next tea party."

"Yes, your highness."

When jennette was about to leave, she trip on her feet so I catch her hand.

"Thank you, princess."

This is a chance. Thinking like that, I sent some of my mana to jennette to try purifying the black magic on her.

"Aaa!"

Once my mana enters her body, jennette falls on the ground while shouting and gasping her chest. My legs also give out at our contact and sit on the ground.

"Princess! Lady magarita!"

Everyone run toward us including felix and athy. There is a sharp pain where our hands touch. Even though it was only fir a moment, the pain was still clear in my head and my hand is still numb because of the pain.

As I was used to enduring the pain, I act like nothing happen to me and said

"Lady magarita has fainted. Felix, call a doctor."

After that, the docter said jennette has no thread to her life and safely send back to the alpheus mansion.

That night, I went to meet jennette. Jennette was having a high fever but there is no one beside her to take care of her. She seem to be awake seeing as she opens her eyes I went beside her.

"I thought you wouldn't come anymore."

"I'm sorry for not coming to visit you eariler."

I just apologize without making any excuse.

"Cough...cough.."

"Just go to sleep. I'll be here until you fell asleep."

"Will you come again?"

"Of course."

I sliently stay beside her until I was sure she fell asleep. I shouldn't try to purifying her anymore. But why does this happen? Maybe I should visit that old man.

...............

Hello! My readers, I want to ask some opinions. I am going to creat a new male lead for ariana. But I can't seem to able to choose a personality. So please give me your advice.

Should I go with

-timid or shy personality
-tsudere
-knightly personality
-quiet and hard to understand
Or any other personality.

Please write on comment if you want to give an idea.

Thank you for reading my story.