Meeting jennette

"......." = talking
.............. = time skip

Ariana's pov

It has been about one month since I weng go meet jennette. So I thought it's time to go back again.

"Knock....knock"

This time, I didn't teleport to jennette's room window not in the room directly. And I hit the window a few time with my tail.(in lucy's form.)

Jennette opens the door slightly and when she saw me, she seem happy.

"You've come! I've been waiting you."

I couldn't talk because I was carrying something in my mouth. I hop onto her bed and put down the green ribbon I've been holding.

"Last time, I couldn't give you a birthday present so I brought one."

She looks between me and the ribbon serveral times while holding it.

"If you don't like it, you don't have to take it."

"No! I like it. Thank you very much...ah...w...what should I call you?"

"Umm...ari, you can call me ari."

It is my nickname so it is ok, right?

"My name is jennette."

"Last time, I could't see well because it is dark but I can see well now. You have a unusual eyes."

"Actually, it is a serect but...."

She end up telling me everything. This kid really should learn not to trust strangers. Hah....There are many thing I need to teach her.

"I have to go back now."

"Ah...w..will you come back again?"

"Of course,because we are friend now"

She seem to be happy at my answers. I'm starting to like this kid a little.

................

"Ari, you've come!"

It have been about five years since I first went to meet jennette. She is now 13 years old. I go to her about once a month or two. Actually I didn't need to go to her this frequently but maybe because I see my younger self in her. Like not being able to go out, waiting to be able to meet with family or.....ect.

"Here, you can have chocolate cookie"

I have already teach her about many important things. Such as not to talk to a stranger(especielly people with black hair and eyes or people who look similar with someone you know?) And to do things by herself. Looking back, I feel like a mother raising her child.

I guess it is time to teach her the most important things.

"What do you think about a family?"

She seems surprised at my unexpect question but she still answers.

"Umm..a family is a group of people tied by blood who love each other unconditionally"

I once thought like that too.

"Do you think your family will love you if they know about you?"

"Of course since we are tied by blood."

At her answers, unpleastant memories flash back in my head.(look at nightmare chapter.)

"I'll tell you about my story. A long time ago, when I was a human like you(she's still human now), I think like that too. But my family............

I told her about how my family reject me excluding any unnessary information. She starts tearing when she heard about my story.

"You are the first person I've ever talked about this story. That is why there are many family who abandoned their children and doesn't love them. So you shouldn't expect much from them."

"......but Still........"

Jennette seems to wanna deny it. She will need time to accept it.

"For me, a family isn't people who is tied by blood. We can still love and care for each other even without blood ties."

I realized it at my last moment. My past life was miserable and I was a pitiful child. Even someone like me meet someone who I could call as my family.

But jennette doesn't have anyone like that. That may be why I am doing things I've always considers as annoying for her.

"I'm telling you this because I'm worried about you."

"You're worried about me?"

Jennette gives me a look of unexpected. I too didn't expect myself to tell her this words when I first met her. At that time, the words that come out of my mouth was.....

"Yes, since you are like a family to me."

My true feeling.

"I have to go back now."

................

That night, I dream about my past life for the first time in a long time.

There is a 12 years old girl who is sitting in front of the windows looking outside. Her chin placing on her hand while she is pacing out.

"Hello! I'll be your caretaker starting today."

At the sudden voice of a woman, the girl looks back at her and she thought. 'Ah! They said that my caretaker will change, didn't they?' The girl looks carefully at the woman. She is a beautiful woman with her jet black hair under her shoulders and her black eyes filling with light unlike dull eyes like hers.

After finish looking at her, the girl turns her attention back to the outside again without caring about her.

"When you meet someone, you should greet them."

The woman nags her until the girl does what she wants. The girl who was used to being ignored was surprised at the attention given by the woman. She has no word to describe that woman other than annoying.

The woman would always follow her and nags her. The girl usually quiet world was slowly taking place with the woman voice.

One day, the girl sneaks out of the hospital to go meet with her family and went back in the rain. That whole night the woman was the only one to stay by her side who is having high fever. When the girl cry, she would always pat her back without saying anything.

A few days later, the girl heard a rumor about the woman. She lost her husband and her daughter in an car accident two years ago. The girl thought 'did she pity me because she saw her daughter in me? But..'

"I'm not your daughter." The girl said to the woman.

"I know that."

'Then why are treating me like this?' The girl wanna asked but didn't have the courage to hear her answers.

"But you are like a daughter to me."

At the woman's words, the girl felt a undescribable emotions. I feel tickle in my heart but it is not unpleasant.