chapter 9- think positive

we arrive back at the champion's dome and are ready to choose the final game before intermission. the choices are battle box, hole in the wall, bingo, and parkour.

"battle box. aubrey's a pvp god and we have pretty good strats for that game," tommy interjects quickly.

"i'm down for that," tubbo says.

"same," aubrey says. i nod and throw my voting egg at battle box, the three doing the same shortly after me.

unfortunately, we aren't lucky enough. parkour ends up winning.

"oh boy... i may be alright at pvp but i'm NOT good at parkour..." aubrey says hesitantly. i can hear her crack her knuckles, probably a nervous habit.

"dream's definitely going to win this, which will give purple pandas a chance to boost ahead," tubbo adds.

"we need to think positive!" aubrey says cheerfully. "this is still an opportunity to get even higher in the ranks!"

"didn't you just say you weren't good at parkour?"

"well... yeah... but..." she trails off as she sighs.

"think of it this way," i say. "we can't really get any lower."

"we sorta can," tommy shoots back. "we're kinda sorta maybe in SIXTH. not last."

"i was trying to think positive, like aubrey said. clearly it didn't work."

"THERE IS NO 'POSITIVE' TO THIS!"

"jeez, calm down, tommy." i laugh as i turn him down on discord.

"it's okay, guys," aubrey points out. "i manifested for us to win. we'll be fine." we all murmur "true."

"why are we relying on witchcraft, again?" tubbo asks. aubrey clicks her tongue.

"might not want to say that out loud, buddy. they will not be happy."

"who won't..?" panic arises in tubbo's voice. "aubrey? who won't be happy? what's gonna happen?" his panic talking turns into panic screaming. "AM I GOING TO DIE?"

"probably not."

"NOT THIS CRYPTIC SHIT AGAIN." we all laugh at tubbo's inner breakdown.

the laughing comes to an abrupt halt when we're teleported to parkour, as we're reminded of the pain we're about to endure.

"good luck, team," i say.

"good luck," my three teammates say back.

the countdown ends and the lime llamas surge forward. we're alright for the first few rounds, considering they're pretty easy. but once we get to the trapdoor part, we start having a really hard time.

"are any of you getting past these stupid trapdoors?" aubrey asks, frustration evident in her voice.

"nope," tommy responds. "this is impossible."

"think positive!" tubbo encourages.

"alright! i'm POSITIVE that this is IMPOSSIBLE!" i stifle a laugh at tommy's rage.

"hey, i made it across!" aubrey exclaims. i bite my tongue and attempt to follow exactly what she did, and end up succeeding as well.

"same!" i shout. "LET'S GO!"

"great job, wilbur!" i smile.

i try to quickly wipe the smile off my face as the entire chat floods with "simpbur."

eventually, tommy and tubbo also make it across. we continue through the parkour with a little more ease. none of us end up finishing, but we do pretty well overall, ending about in the middle. this causes up to move from sixth to fourth.

"YES!" tommy shouts as he sees our placement. "working our way up!"

"so close to top three!" aubrey adds. "we got this!"

"what have we done so far?" tubbo asks.

"build mart, ace race, sky battle, and parkour. we're halfway done," i respond.

"fourth place with half of the tournament to go is great!" aubrey exclaims happily. "this is awesome!" i grin at her enthusiasm.

"now we have a half hour break."

(this chapter and very short and does not make up for the fact that my updating schedule has been so scuffed recently and i'm very sorry about that </3 we're halfway done with mcc already? omg D: but don't worry! the story is far from over! :] i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! i would appreciate it a lot :) i hope you have a fantastic day!)

(OH AND ALSO? THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 10K READS!!!! this is so very poggers and i appreciate it very much <33 kisses for all of you i love you guys so much mwah)