chapter 32- leash

tommy smiles smugly.

"off to harry potter world," he tells us as he films our faces.

"how did we not put that together with the harry potter shirts?" tubbo asks.

"beats me. i'm glad you guys all collectively share about six brain cells. and that's being generous."

"shut up."

"ah ah ah, no no." tommy waves his finger in tubbo's face. "you can't be mean to me today because i pulled through with this amazing day-trip AND managed to keep it a surprise."

"whatever... let's go get butterbeer."

"yeah! alcohol!"

the two boys start zooming away in the direction of harry potter world, which is a semi-far walk from the universal studios entrance.

"it doesn't have real alcohol in it!" aubrey shouts after them, but neither of them stop. the two of us sigh.

"you think they're gonna wait up for us?" aubrey asks, turning to me.

"absolutely not. we better start running."

"figured." the two of us start running quickly, attempting to catch up with the two feral teenagers.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

aubrey and i eventually reach the entrance to harry potter world, both of us a little winded. but tommy and tubbo stand at the entrance, bouncing excitedly.

"let's go drinking!" tommy shouts as he and tubbo attempt to start running away again. before they can hit the jets, aubrey grabs tubbo's collar and i grab tommy's.

"seriously, do we need to get you two a leash?" aubrey asks. "it's eight in the morning! let's calm down! we have all day!"

"but we have to get everything done!" tubbo complains, kicking and trying to escape aubrey's grasp. "there's no time!"

"there's hardly anyone here yet! we can go on both of the rides in half an hour at most, let alone twelve hours. let's chill out."

"and for the record, butterbeer isn't actually beer," i add.

"awwww!" tommy and tubbo both whine disappointedly.

"where are we gonna get our alcohol fill now?" tubbo cries.

"you're seventeen! you're not old enough to drink!" i scold.

"well, technically-"

"i don't want to hear it. no alcohol. end of discussion. we will get butterbeer, but no alcohol. i can't believe this is a topic of conversation right now."

"party pooper!" tommy shouts.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"what is going on over here?" scott's voice asks.

"scott?" tubbo asks, speaking for the first time since alex joined.

"guys! you're holding up the game! other people have been waiting to play a new round for at least seven minutes and i've gotten SEVERAL complaints."

"god," aubrey says. "what a bunch of party poopers."

"party poopers?" i repeat.

"mhm."

"i haven't heard that term since i was twelve." i laugh and aubrey can't help herself and laughs too.