chapter 46- ex-boyfriend

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

aubrey's pov

i inhale slowly and answer alex's call.

"hi," i say innocently.

"do you know why i'm calling?" alex's harsh voice answers. i grimace. i should've expected this.

"no," i blatantly lie.

of course i know why you're calling.

"bullshit."

"mhm."

"you're in love with him."

"no i'm not."

"anyone can fucking see it, aubrey! literally! this is on the internet! have you checked twitter recently?"

"no."

my voice starts breaking and it takes everything i got to pull myself together.

"everyone has completely forgotten you have a boyfriend," alex says angrily. "including you."

"i didn't forget about you. i've never forgotten about you," i defend myself.

"these two screenshots i'm looking at say otherwise." alex says, referring to the top images on twitter when you look up "the vlog." it's of the two scenes i was worried about.

"so you're telling me you've never done stuff like that with your friends? are you living under a rock?"

"don't sass me right now."

"i-"

"i said DON'T."

i jump slightly and clutch the phone tightly. i subconsciously bring my fingers to my mouth and start peeling off my black nail polish with my teeth.

"if you were in love with wilbur, you should've just told me and saved me all this trouble."

"i'm NOT in love with wilbur."

"i think i'd feel a lot better if you just came clean and told me you were."

"stop assuming these things about me!" a tear runs down my cheek. "you're acting just like HIM!"

"you better not be talking about-"

"yeah! i'm talking about him!"

"don't you DARE compare me to him!"

"then don't act like him!"

i can hear quackity laugh angrily on the other side of the phone. like he's laughing to try to keep himself from punching the wall.

it's scary.

"you wanna compare me to your shitty ex-boyfriend? fine. then i'll be another shitty ex-boyfriend."

the call is so silent you can hear a pin drop.

"say that again?" two tears fall from my eyes and roll to my lips, and i can taste the salt in them.

"go tell wilbur he can put his hands on you all he wants now. he doesn't have to feel guilty about it anymore. we're done."

"just like that, huh? it's that easy for you?" i ask angrily, but my voice makes it obvious that i'm crying.

"you're the one that decided to let go first, aubrey. don't make me the bad guy."

i can't bring myself to answer for a long time.

"fuck you," i say as i hang up the phone.

i block alex's number, then crumble to the floor.

it's like i'm having deja vu.

this is happening all over again.

(A/N so much was in this chapter but there were so few words... omg. how are you guys feeling about this? :o *pretends to be shocked like i wasn't planning this breakup for a long time HAHAH* i hope you guys are doing well after that and it wasn't too emotionally damaging! i feel so bad for aubrey but... you'll see LOL. anyway! i hope you guys still enjoyed this chapter even though it was all drama! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! i really appreciate all the support, it means a lot to me :) i love you all <33)

(also. i'm sure we all know this but i have to defend my honor HAHA. i love quackity and this isn't meant to make him seem like an awful person. this is just the character he's portraying in this story. let me down slowly quackity is poo. the real quackity is great and i love him and you should definitely subscribe to him if you haven't already :D)