chapter 50- recording

come saturday, i wake up bright and early. i don't have a care in the world, in fact, i don't think i've been this happy in a while.

and it's not necessarily because of lovejoy.

it's because i'll finally be reunited with aubrey.

i get in the car and shuffle the playlist that aubrey and i both made for our drives. the first song that plays is a song i added, reflections by the neighbourhood.

and i make the hour drive to london with a slight smile on my face the whole time.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

when i arrive at aubrey's apartment complex, i can already see her standing outside, waiting for me.

and god, she's just as pretty as i remember.

her hair is still dark, she still wears winged eyeliner, she's still the same height. and i'm sure she still smells like pine and cinnamon.

she's wearing a black t-shirt, denim jacket, a thick black headband in her hair, and red and black plaid skirt. and i can't help but think about how the outfit would look if she still had red streaks in her dark hair.

(for reference)

    as soon as i get out of the car and start walking towards her, she looks up from her phone

as soon as i get out of the car and start walking towards her, she looks up from her phone. a huge smile forms across her face as she runs over.

she practically jumps into my open arms, and i almost forgot how well we fit together.

key word: almost.

she clings to me like she never has before. we rock back and forth and she buries her cheek into my chest.

"you're so warm..." she mutters. her voice is even better in real life than on the phone.

"you're so cold," i respond with a laugh.

"mhm... i missed you."

"i missed you too."

so much. like you have no idea.

once we finally break apart, we get into the car.

"we have to go to the studio first," i tell her. "did you eat breakfast?"

"i did," aubrey responds as she buckles her seatbelt. "did you?"

"i did."

"twins."

i laugh as i put the car in reverse and we drive to the studio.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘