chapter 30- 8 ball

i drag my feet across the cold bathroom tile, exiting the cramped room. of course, tommy is a few feet away from the door, sitting on the floor. he springs up when he sees me and quickly walks over.

"how'd it go?" he asks with a hint of concern.

"as fine as it could've gone," i reply as i shut the bathroom door.

"what'd he say?"

"basically that i was in love with his girlfriend and he didn't like it."

"oh shit. i'm sorry, wil. but... can't help but notice you used the word love? you never say that word." i laugh.

"i'm not in love with her tommy, don't worry about that." i pat tommy's shoulder and walk towards the pc where aubrey and tubbo still sat.

tommy whispers something under his breath as i walk away, something i can't really decipher. though i could make out something along the lines of "i doubt that."

aubrey and tubbo look up from their phones when i enter the room.

"hey," aubrey says nonchalantly.

"hi," i reply. "what are you guys doing?"

"playing 8 ball," tubbo says. "and i'm kicking her ass."

"you're literally not," aubrey groans. "i'm on my redemption arc."

"you've hit two balls in. i've hit six."

"like i said. redemption arc."

not too long after, tommy joins us in the room. he hops onto the bed he claimed and starts his vlog.

"hi vlog. today my friends are ignoring me." he pans the camera towards the three of us, aubrey and tubbo playing 8 ball and me peering over tubbo's shoulder to watch the game. we turn to him.

"you wanna play 8 ball with me?" i ask.

"ew, no."

"whatever."

"i want to play with aubrey."

"why me?" she asks.

"because you suck. so i'd automatically win." aubrey scowls and tubbo laughs.

"i can vouch!" tubbo says. "she does suck!"

"this is bullying," aubrey says. "if we were playing cup pong i'd absolutely destroy ALL of you."

"why did i get pulled into this? i'm a peaceful mediator," i say.

"you're right. but i'd still destroy you in cup pong."

"shut up."

once everyone's done playing 8 ball and all the other game pigeon games, we decide to watch a movie, but get into a heated argument about what to watch.

"what about perks of being a wallflower?" aubrey suggests.

"what are you, a sappy teenager that's trying to be quirky?" tommy asks.

"how DARE you say that. i love that movie."

"because you're quirky."

"i dare you to say that again."

"... i won't because you're scary."

"why not a christmas movie?" tubbo asks.

"tubbo! it's march!" i shout.

"so what?"

"you don't watch christmas movies in march!"

"why not?"