chapter 28- you're pretty

"how do i describe you, wilbur?" aubrey asks hesitantly, tapping her chin. i can't tell what she's thinking, or what she's trying to do by hesitating, but i don't like it.

"okay, i think i know. wilbur, i first met you while practicing for mcc. these two idiots-" aubrey points at tommy and tubbo. "-left us alone. so i was thinking, 'oh god. i'm alone with this dude i met a few minutes ago.' and it was SO painfully awkward at first. but then we talked a little. you told me about how you stream, make youtube videos, and make music. i thought, 'god, this guy is so talented. he's good at everything.' so yeah, my first impression of you was that you were super talented and cool."

my heart pounds in my chest as i continue to stare at the floor.

"why was his so long?" tubbo whines.

"because..." aubrey scratches the back of her head. "i don't know. i feel like wilbur and my first interaction was different than my first interactions with you and tommy. kinda more raw, i guess. i met you two while practicing for mcc. but then wilbur and i were left alone and had to talk to each other. it felt different for some reason."

i move my hand over my mouth to keep myself from shouting "what are you doing to me, aubrey allen?" at the top of my lungs.

tommy turns to me.

"you alright, mate?" he asks.

"how do you remember all that?" i turn to aubrey, ignoring tommy's question.

"remember what?" she asks innocently.

stop doing that. stop looking at me with those big, brown, doe eyes.

"exactly what we talked about when we met."

"because it was special. it's how we met." aubrey waits a second. 

"duh!" she playfully adds.

this is the most painfully sweet thing anyone has ever said to me. i don't know how much more i can handle.

"wilbur?" tubbo asks hesitantly. "do you wanna talk about your first impressions of us?"

no. that's the last thing i wanna do.

because if i'm given the power to say whatever i want to say, i'll end up crying on the floor, repeating "i've fallen for you" over and over again to aubrey.

"sure," i say out loud, even though my mind is screaming at me to stop.

"tommy," i start off. "you were so funny. i've always thought you were hilarious. before you blew up, i told people that you were gonna be extremely successful one day, simply because of how entertaining you are. and now you've made it far, and i'm very proud of you." i ruffle his hair and tommy laughs, attempting to keep up his online persona.

"thanks, big wil," tommy responds. i nod.

"tubbo, i thought you were so funny in a different way. tommy is blatantly funny, but you're subtly funny. and you're very kind. i've always liked that about you." tubbo fist bumps me and thanks me.

now the moment i'm most terrified for.

i say a quick prayer that i don't say anything stupid.

"aubrey," i say. she turns her head to me, a soft smile on her lips.

you're beautiful.

you're funny.

you're kind.

you're beautiful.

you're caring.

you're understanding.