chapter 43- warning

once i finally get home, i flop onto my bed. face first.

"ow," i mutter to myself as my nose smashes into the mattress.

the drive was only about two hours long, but i feel absolutely exhausted. maybe it's because i spent all of last night overthinking and replaying the scene of aubrey and i asleep together on the bus in my head, which caused me to hardly get any sleep.

i turn my head to the alarm clock sitting on my bedside table. it's 3:53 pm. i definitely have enough time to take a nap and wake up in time for dinner.

so i shut my eyes, and finally let sleep consume me.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"hey, wilbur," i hear from somewhere in the room. i sit up slightly and look around to see a dark figure in the corner of my doorframe.

that voice sounds so familiar..?

the figure gets closer to me and i can make out a slight visual description of who it is. they're not very tall, wearing a beanie, and-

WEARING A BEANIE?

AND I RECOGNIZE THEIR VOICE?

THAT MEANS IT'S...

SHIT.

"quackity?" i say as i shoot out of bed and stand up.

"i know everything," he says in a terrifyingly deep voice.

"what's that supposed to mean?" i ask.

"you're in love with my girlfriend. i've seen everything. sleeping on each other on the bus, hugging her for way too long. i even saw you kiss her, for god's sake!"

"i did not!"

"so now you're a liar too?"

"quackity, i..." i trail off, trying to figure out how i'm going to get myself out of this one. "how did you even see?"

real smooth, wilbur. that'll definitely convince him that you don't like his girlfriend.

"you thought i trusted you after that stream? hell no!" he steps closer to me and i back up. "i got on a plane and flew over there the second i watched that shit."

"how'd you find us?"

"you think i don't have my girlfriend's location?"

how's this even possible? i didn't see him at all, nor did aubrey, tommy, or tubbo. unless they did and just never said anything?

he steps closer to me again, and i attempt to step back but i hit the wall.

"what are you so scared for?" quackity asks with an evil giggle. "if none of that happened, you would have nothing to fear right now!"

"you said you would beat me up next time you saw me," i say with panic in my voice.

"and i'm going to keep that promise." quackity charges towards me and grabs me by my collar, pushing me even further against the wall.

the height difference almost makes this humorous, but i can't bring myself to laugh right now.

quackity cracks his knuckles with his fingers and looks me dead in the eyes.

"take this as a warning," he says as he raises his fist.

he swings, but before his fist touches my face, everything goes black.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

my eyes snap open. i shoot up in bed, clutching my chest and breathing heavily.

it was a dream.

it was all a dream.

more like a nightmare...

i turn my head to the clock. 2:14 in the morning.

so that was more than just a nap. and now i'm starving.

i get out of bed and go to the cabinet, finding a kraft mac and cheese in there. i sigh and take it out, making the meal.

as soon as i'm finished, i grab a plastic fork and go back to my room. i eat the warm food in silence, criss-cross on my bed, thinking back to everything that just happened in my head.

am i really that paranoid?

as soon as i finish eating, i grab my phone. only 20 minutes had passed, and i'm still feeling exhausted. so i scroll through spotify and find the "made for you" playlist. i hit shuffle.

a song called "let me down slowly" by alec benjamin comes on.

this night is cold in the kingdom

i can feel you fade away

from the kitchen to the bathroom sink and

your steps keep me awake

don't cut me down, throw me out, leave me here to waste

i once was a man with dignity and grace

now i'm slipping through the cracks of your cold embrace

so please, please

could you find a way to let me down slowly?

a little sympathy i hope you can show me

if you wanna go then i'll be so lonely

if you're leaving, baby, let me down slowly

i let the tears roll down down the sides of my face as i lay on my back, hands on my stomach, staring at the ceiling.

what has this girl done to me?

(A/N HAHAHA i hope i made you nervous for a second there >:D quackity is going to become a more important role from this point on for a while soooo get ready for some big q action!! lol anywayyyyy thank you so much for reading! i hope you enjoyed :)) if you did, i'd really appreciate it if you voted, commented, shared, and added this to your reading lists!! love you so so much and i hope you have an amazing day!! <3)