chapter 31- on my shoulder

i take aubrey's phone and plug it in, forcing myself to sleep. but all i can dream about is quackity punching me in the nose because he thinks i'm snogging his girlfriend behind his back.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

i wake up at 6:45 to a loud pounding on the door.

"LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" tommy's voice shouts. "ANDALE! ANDALE!"

i get up reluctantly and open the door.

"what are you doing?" i hiss. "there are people in the rooms around us!" i look down at his phone, recording me in my wrinkled shirt and bed head.

"get ready!" he says. i look at him in his black jacket, black gryffindor shirt, blue jeans, and black converse. "we're gonna eat breakfast in the hotel lobby in 30 minutes, then catch the train to go to the surprise place! is aubrey awake?"

i turn to aubrey and see her sitting up in bed, rubbing her eyes. she looks drained.

"she's awake. maybe not alive, but awake."

tommy enters the room (uninvited) and jumps on aubrey's bed, still filming.

"wake up! wake up!" he chants. he looks like a little kid waking up his mom at 5:00 on christmas morning.

"don't jump on the bed with your shoes on," aubrey scolds as she drags herself out of bed.

spoken like a true mother.

the two of us slowly get ready, putting on the slytherin t-shirts and black jackets. i pair the outfit with dark jeans and black vans, and aubrey puts on black leggings and doc martens.

"what do you think we're doing today?" she asks me as she puts on winged eyeliner.

"you never know with tommyinnit," i reply.

we finish getting ready and knock on tommy and tubbo's door. the door flies open immediately, and tommy's literally bouncing out of excitement.

"ready?" he asks, a big backpack on his back. definitely filled with snacks.

"ready," i confirm. tommy dashes out the door, a spring in his step. tubbo follows closely, filming the blonde boy skipping down the hotel hallway.

"don't film this, weirdo!" tommy shouts, looking behind him.

"it's b-roll! you're not the only one that's taken film class!" tubbo defends. "aubrey, do you think this is good footage?" the two teenagers turn to her.

"yeah, i do," she says with no hesitation. "tommy isn't focused on posing for the camera, he's just carefree. that's not just good footage, that's perfect footage." tubbo smiles smugly and tommy rolls his eyes.

"you hear that? i'm the favorite! she likes me more!" tubbo says with a playful tone.

"she does not!" tommy says.

"does too."

we get downstairs and grab some breakfast from the hotel lobby, consisting of waffles, pieces of toast, and a few strips of bacon. we can't enjoy the food, though, because tommy is encouraging us to eat quickly.

"jesus christ, what's the rush?" i ask. "don't we have all day?"

"yeah, but..." tommy trails off. "i'm not ruining the surprise! just hurry! i promise it'll be worth it when we get there." i raise an eyebrow.

"that's a bold promise."

"a bold promise that i stand behind and am willing to keep." i nod.

"touché." tommy smiles at me as i admit defeat.