chapter 35- butterbeer

aubrey and i find tommy and tubbo at the front of the line for butterbeer, with four butterbeers at the window, an empty wallet in tommy's hand, and a pissed off looking worker waiting for them to pay up.

as aubrey and i get closer, we can hear what's being said.

"i swear! i had loads of money in here..." tommy mumbles. "i'm a streamer, you know? i make loads of money."

"doesn't matter how much you make if you have nothing on you right now," the angry looking woman at the window says with an over-the-top british accent. she sounds like she's from england but is still trying to make her accent noticeable for the harry potter theme park. it weirds me out.

"you know what..." tommy rests his arm on the shelf in front of him, the shelf that's dividing him and the worker. "i'll let you in on a little secret. i'm friends with georgenotfound." tommy raises his eyebrows and purses his bottom lip. "yeah. i didn't want to have to pull out the big guns, but you left me no choice. gogy is my best friend. didn't see that one coming, did ya? mhm. and you know what? i'll let all of this fuss slide, if you put these drinks on the house."

the lady's expression remains unamused.

"sir, i'm gonna have to ask you to get out of line," the woman says with an annoyed tone.

"what?"

"i said, get out of-"

"my god, how much is the fucking bill?" i ask as i step into the line and pull out my credit card. tommy looks up at my with happy eyes and i scowl. not at him, but at the woman.

"24 pounds," the woman responds. "i'd recommend getting a hold of your kid, sir." she swipes my card and hands it back to me. "he's unbehaved, childish, and all around rude. simply put. he's a menace."

tommy looks down at his feet and starts picking at his nails.

she did NOT just go there.

only i can say those things about tommy.

"he's not a menace. don't say that about any kid, let alone this kid. that could get you into some serious trouble with my attorney." i flash her a beaming, white, and very fake smile, then put an arm around tommy's shoulder. "have a lovely day, ma'am."

the four of us take one of the drinks and step out of line.

"sorry wilbur..." tommy mutters as he takes a sip of his drink.

"don't be sorry. you were being funny. she was being unreasonable, dragging a seventeen-year-old's name through the mud like that." i pat tommy's shoulder, then remove my arm. "just blur her face out in your vlog, okay? because if you don't, we're the ones that'll be getting a call from her attorney."

"yes, sir!" tommy smiles.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"i have a really good idea," aubrey says as she throws away her empty butterbeer cup. "you know there's a place to get wands here? and then you're able to perform spells around diagon alley?" tubbo snaps his fingers.

"yes! let's do that!" tubbo exclaims happily.

"there's a little thing they have at the wand shop where a random person is chosen from a crowd to have a wand selected for them. we should definitely do that. there are four of us, there's a pretty good chance one of us will get chosen," i say. everyone nods quickly and we hurry to do the wand choosing. it's done every 15 minutes, so we hurry to make sure we make it.

once we get to ollivander's wand shop, we ask to go to the wand ceremony. an employee leads us to a room in the back of the store, where multiple other people are waiting. a group of five teenagers eyes widen when tommy walks in, and i already know what he has coming for him.

tubbo's already backing up, and i grab aubrey's arm and pull her back with us. she turns to me with a raised eyebrow.

"what was that for?" she asks.

"three, two, one..." tubbo and i count down.

"TOMMY!" a teen girl shrieks.

"there it is," i say. "we're getting good at that." i give tubbo a high five.

a ton of kids turn their head and see tommy. the blonde boy frantically turns around, hoping to find aubrey, tubbo, and me, but we're clean out of his range. tommy's eyes grow wide and his eyebrows furrow together at me. he flips me off and mouths "fuck you."

i laugh and wave at him as the three of us worm our way to another area of the shop.

we watch tommy from a distance, and see

 him whisper to the kids and point at me.

wait.

what does he think he's do-

"WILBUR SOOT?" the same girl screams.

shit.

"uhh... who?" i say awkwardly. i get a ton of weird stares from adults around me as i bury my face in my jacket.

"WILBUR!" a young boy exclaims. "SING YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND!"

"what did he say?" aubrey asks.

"sorry... i don't think i can right now," i reply. "maybe another day!"

tommy and his clique wiggle their way through the crowd to get to me, and tommy flashes me a big smirk when he passes by.

"have fun!" tommy sing-songs in my ear.

"i should've just let the butterbeer woman kick your arse," i whisper back through my gritted teeth.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

once the chaos finally calms down, and the crowd around us four thins out, the wand ceremony begins. an older man walks out and examines the crowd, finding someone from the crowd to choose from.

and his eyes lock on aubrey. 

(A/N tommy and wilbur brother moments are honestly one of my favorite things to write. crimeduo my beloved <3 i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! finals are finally over so i have a lot more time to write, and i have a good idea about what i'm gonna do with this story so i'm super excited :D please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! it would be super sick and mean a lot to me. ilysmmmmm and i hope you have a day just as amazing as you!)