chapter 38- thinking about you

the four of us travel around to do every single interactive spell possible. though it's a challenge, and starts off with tommy whining and complaining that he can't do it, we all eventually get the hang of casting spells. by the last couple of spells, we're casting everything easily.

"look at us now!" tubbo exclaims as he successfully casts the alohomora charm.

"we've all evolved into ravenclaws!" tommy says with a grin.

"speak for yourself," aubrey says after successfully completing the spell. "i'm very happy with my life as a slytherin."

"doesn't slytherin mean you're evil?" aubrey rolls her eyes.

"not all slytherins are evil, but all evil people are slytherins. you-know-who said so herself."

"voldemort?"

"no, idiot. the author of harry potter."

"oh... oh!"

"you're wrong," i say. "umbridge was a ravenclaw, and she is the epitome of evil."

the four of us laugh as we check the time.

"no wonder i'm so hungry, it's 1:30," aubrey says. "i'm impressed tommy hasn't complained about being hungry yet."

"hey! i'm trying to have a good time and you keep shooting me down!" tommy whines.

"whatever, you big baby. let's get lunch."

"where at?" tubbo asks.

"the three broomsticks!" aubrey and i both say at the same time. "duh!"

we look at each other with a creeped out look.

"woah," tubbo whispers. "that was weird."

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

the four of us enter the restaraunt, and the weird mix of cream soda and beer fills my nose.

"is that alcoholic butterbeer i smell?" tommy asks with a wide grin.

"if you ask for alcohol, i'm dragging you by your ear out of here and i'm driving you back to your house," i say sternly. "i mean it."

"he sounds like a dad," aubrey whispers to tubbo. tubbo laughs heartily.

"on god, tommyinnit, i will turn this car around if you don't behave!" tubbo mocks in a fake deep voice. "you hear me, son? i will turn this car right around!"

aubrey bursts out laughing and i roll my eyes.

"keep that up and i'll drag you two along with him," i warn.

they shut up immediately after that.

we sit down in the corner at a booth. tommy and tubbo on one side and aubrey and i across from them.

because, of course, the universe had to find a way to push us together and tease me yet again.

and of course the booth is small and cramped and leaves both of our arms pushed against each other.

i can't feel her physical touch, considering we're both wearing thick black jackets, but i still can't help but take in her presence, take in her scent. that cool, cinnamon, pine smell that i would turn into a candle if i could.

"and you, sir?" a waitress with short blonde hair asks, looking in my direction.

crap. i zoned out thinking about aubrey.

again.

"uhh, me?" i ask awkwardly.

"your drink order, wilbur," aubrey eggs on.

the way she says my name. the way her feminine, sharp accent sounds. the way every letter in my name rolls off her tongue-

"wilbur!"

and there she goes again.

"wilbur fucking soot!" tommy shouts, slamming his hand on the table. i jump, blink twice, and shake my head.

"water's fine," i say, combing a hand through my tangled curls.

"alright, i'll be back with those shortly," the waitress says with a smile that i'm sure is fake.

"are you okay?" tubbo asks. "you looked a little dead."

"i'm good. just thinking," i respond.

"thinking about what?" aubrey asks.

i don't verbally respond, just turn my head towards her and smile. a blush forms across her cheeks, and it makes me think that she knows what that look meant.

i was thinking about you.

(A/N hello my kittens [/j unless... *wink wink*] i have an announcement to make. this chapter will be the last full chapter of harry potter world. this is because i've written everything i wanted to write, and i have a lot more planned for this story than just harry potter themed stuff, so i'm wrapping this up now instead of forcing myself to write more chapters of this. i don't want to get burnt out, so i hope you guys understand <33 i promise the story isn't over! just this arc is over ;) i love you all! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! i would greatly appreciate it :D)

(also merry christmas if you celebrate it! thank you all for being the best gifts possible. just you reading this and supporting me means the world to me, whether you've been supporting me since i started writing love or host or you just found my account yesterday, i appreciate you. your support does not go unnoticed and if i could give each and every one of you a big hug i would. but since i can't... here's a virtual hug <3 i love you guys! and i hope you have the best christmas ever! or just the best day ever!)