chapter 76- perfect

1 week later

aubrey and i both stir awake at the same time. we've been together a lot the past month. she's been staying at my apartment most of the time, and when she's not physically with me we're on call, streaming together, or something of the sort.

"happy one month," aubrey says in an exhausted voice. i laugh as i look at her. she's still laying down and her eyes are still shut. we stayed up way too late streaming last night, and the lack of sleep is catching up to both of us, especially her.

"are we gonna be that couple that celebrates every little milestone?" i ask with a laugh.

"shut up."

"i'm joking! happy one month, aubs."

i kiss the top of her head and get out of bed to brush my teeth. then i head to the kitchen to make toast and scrambled eggs.

aubrey trudges in the kitchen not too long after i do, rubbing her eyes and groaning.

"didn't sleep well?" i ask.

"ehh..." she responds, sitting down at the counter. "we've just been up way too late recently. it's starting to wear me out a little."

"we can take a break, if you want. just to be with each other. our chat is patient, they'll wait a few days for us to rest and recharge."

i look up from cooking and see aubrey smiling while watching me.

"what are you smiling about?" i ask with a laugh. "and you're staring, you creep."

"i'm not staring, just admiring." my face turns red as i look away.

"stop..."

"and i'm smiling because you said OUR chat."

i pause, thinking back to what absentmindedly rolled off my tongue a few seconds ago.

"i did? hm..." i pause when i hear the bread pop out of the toaster. "i didn't even mean to. but it's true. what's mine is yours. even my twitch chat."

i hand aubrey a plate of toast and eggs. she thanks me and takes it, and i sit down next to her with my plate.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"i have a surprise for you," i say as i enter my room and see aubrey laying in bed. she jolts up at my words.

"surprise?" she repeats.

"yeah. come on." i nod my head towards the door and she follows. we get in the car and drive to a small theater.

"ooh, are we gonna watch something?" aubrey asks as she gets out of the car. "like a play or a concert?"

"umm... you're on the right track!" i open the door for her to a completely empty theater.

"looks like we're early... or did we miss it?" aubrey asks with a worried tone.

"nope, we're right on time." i guide her to a seat towards the front row and sit her down. "just wait right here, okay?"

"okay..?"

i walk away, seemingly to the bathroom. but i make a sharp left before entering the bathroom and get on the stage.

the other members of lovejoy- ash, joe, and mark- are all already there setting up. the curtain is drawn so we can't see aubrey in the audience.

"thank you guys again for this," i say as i grab my guitar and sling it over my body.

"no problem," joe says. "she's really got you whipped if you're doing this for your one month, huh?"

"well, to be fair, i've been planning this for a while. but now is an appropriate time to actually follow through with the plan."

"so it's not so out of the blue, i get it," mark pops in. "ash is just making sure the sound is perfect, then we'll open the curtain and start." i nod as i take a deep breath, adjust the microphone in front of me, and wait.

after a couple of minutes, ash goes into the wings and pulls the curtain back. aubrey's head snaps up from her phone, and her jaw drops.

"wil-"

"just sit back and enjoy the show," i interrupt her, giving her a wink. aubrey sits back and smiles.

we play a set for her, which includes her favorite songs from each ep. and of course we have to end the set with THAT song.

"this is going to be the last song we play," i say into the microphone. "your song. well... at least mostly your song."

aubrey laughs and i clear my throat and prepare for the opening of oh yeah, you gonna cry?

you got the same eyes as your father

and you carry the same kind of temper too

oh what a shame for the people of the community

favorite thing's fight and a lager

name a better way to spin out a jar or two

he's a model citizen through and through

"here's the part we've been waiting for," i say in the middle of verses.

but i quite like your girlfriend (i point at aubrey, who can't seem to stop smiling in her seat)

how the fuck did she end up with you?

you know we talk about all the dumb shit you do

in the back room of the bar

in the back seat of my car

i'm the ending, she's the start

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

after the song, i put the guitar down and motion for aubrey to come onto the stage. she does, and pulls me into a huge hug.

"that was insane," she whispers into my ear. joe, mark, and ash all quickly run off stage, to lord knows where.

"does that mean you liked it?" i ask.

"i LOVED it. you guys need to go on an actual tour soon! i'd go with you and watch every single show."

i smile as aubrey buries her face into the crook on my neck, standing on her tip toes so she can (barely) reach.

"you're so perfect. i know i say that a lot, but it's the truth."

"i think YOU'RE so perfect. and i know i also say that a lot, but i'm serious."

"i love you, aubrey."

"i love you more, wilbur."

(A/N i apologize for all the time skips, but i'm only writing the fun, happy stuff going on HAHA, we don't need anymore filler in this insanely long, drawn out story :') anyway thank you so much for reading and supporting!! i love you endlessly, don't forget that <33)