chapter 67- hold your hand

"we're here!" i announce as we enter the parking lot.

aubrey looks around as she jumps out of the car. it's a bit chilly, so she puts her jacket on.

"am i hallucinating, or did you go here in a tom simons vlog?" she asks skeptically. my lips form into a straight line.

"i was really hoping you hadn't seen that vlog..."

"i can't believe you took me to the tommyinnit theme park!" aubrey laughs.

"well, i went with tommy against my will! but i want to take you here! don't you like rollercoasters?"

"don't worry wil, i was joking. i'm honored to go to the tommyinnit theme park with you."

"can we just call it what it is? alton towers?"

"nah, i like throwing tommy's name around."

the two of us laugh as we enter the theme park.

it's not very crowded, considering it opens at 10 am, so it opened not too long ago (A/N i'm aware that alton is about three hours away from london so this doesn't logically make sense, but this is fanfiction so i'm allowed to pretend it's a lot closer than it actually is HAHA).

"have you been here before?" i ask.

"once when i was really young," aubrey responds. "i desperately wanted to go on the smiler but i was too short."

"you wanted to go on the smiler when you were really young?"

"yes! i've always loved roller coasters."

"you're crazy..." i shake my head in disbelief.

"no, i'm just FUN. come on! let's go on that one!" aubrey points to a tall roller coaster with a few drops. there's barely a line, so i let her pull me over to the ride.

when we get on the ride, my heart rate starts picking up. i like roller coasters, but i've never been on this one, so i don't know what to expect.

"you look sick," aubrey comments with a giggle. i turn my head towards her and scowl.

"i'm just a little nervous. i'm mostly excited, though."

"sure..."

"i'm serious!"

"if that brings you ease."

i groan and aubrey continues to laugh. the ride slowly starts and my heart nearly skips a beat. aubrey turns her head back towards me and rolls her eyes.

"do you need me to hold your hand?" she asks.

"what?" i ask with wide eyes.

"because you're a little wimp and need emotional support."

"you're so annoying, you know that?"

"i know!"

"i'm not scared of the ride, but any excuse to hold-"

in the middle of my sentence, the slow ride suddenly accelerates, and i can feel a gust of wind hit my face. aubrey and i both scream, and i reach for her hand in a panicked state.

"yes!" i yell. "i desperately need to hold your hand!" aubrey laughs as the ride starts moving even faster. once the roller coaster starts dropping, the butterflies in my stomach flutter around violently. i can't tell what's giving me butterflies more; this terrifying roller coaster, or holding hands with aubrey.

the second we get off the ride, aubrey's beaming with excitement.

"this is gonna be the best date ever!" she says gleefully.