chapter 33- parents

"okay, this was funny for the bit, can we take these off now?" tommy asks as he tugs on his leash.

"if you prove that you can behave yourself, yes," i say.

"this was never a bit to me," aubrey says blatantly. tommy, tubbo, and i laugh.

"let's go on a ride!" tubbo yells, completely ignoring aubrey holding him on a tight leash. "let's go on the hogwarts flying one first! that one always has a long wait but it can't be that bad right now."

"i'm not opposed to that," i add. so we all walk to the ride line while tommy tries to chew through his leash. thank god aubrey records it.

as we walk over to the line, we're stopped by a man in a hogwarts express uniform.

"you four there!" he shouts at us. the man motions us over and we slowly walk over.

"hey," tommy says awkwardly, eyeing the leash that he has strapped across his chest.

"a gryffindor?" the man asks. tommy nods swiftly as i start recording the interaction.

"you know the qualities of a gryffindor?"

tommy smiles smugly and crosses his arms.

"indeed i do, king," tommy says. tubbo face palms. "brave, chivalrous, handsome-"

"handsome? dear boy, i don't think that's one of the qualities..."

"yes it is. because i'm a gryffindor and i'm handsome."

"you think so?"

tommy's face falls.

"are you calling me ugly?"

"how about you?" the man completely ignores tommy and moves onto tubbo. "a hufflepuff? a kind soul... you know that was j.k. rowl-"

"no," tubbo cuts him off. "absolutely not."

the man laughs awkwardly and turns to me and aubrey.

oh lord, not us now. please just let us go on the ri-

"are you two their parents?" he asks.

"UH-" aubrey and i gasp out as we look at each other. tommy and tubbo attempt to keep in their laughter.

"they are," tommy confirms.

damn demon child.

"a lovely couple! you have my congratulations," the hogwarts express man says. then he whispers to us "you sure the blonde one isn't adopted? he looks nothing like you two."

aubrey and i double over laughing and shake our heads.

"what's so funny?" tommy asks eagerly.

"nothing!" we both say.

once we successfully break away from the extremely awkward conversation, we run to get into line for the forbidden journey ride.

"that was the most painfully awkward encounter i've ever had. i hated that," tubbo complains.

"he's just doing his job," aubrey defends him.

"i don't care! the second hand embarrassment was so... prominent!"

"his name was bart. did you expect it to not be awkward?" tommy asks.

"that was his name?!"

the four of us laugh, and i feel a twinge of guilt that we're laughing at someone's name.

"also! do aubrey and i really look old enough to be your parents?" i ask through laughter. the four of us laugh even more.

"i would like to think not!" aubrey says through giggles.

"yeah well, you guys look ancient!" tubbo yells.

"speaking of parents, what did he say that made you two laugh so hard?" tommy asks. aubrey and i look at each other with a knowing glance.

"he asked if you were adopted," aubrey says.

"WHAT?!"

tubbo, aubrey, and i laugh until our sides hurt while tommy stands there, paralyzed with shock. 

(A/N short and super awkward chapter but ayo the content grind is back on >:) thank you so much for reading! it means a lot to me that you guys are still sticking with me on this journey of writing this story <33 if you liked this chapter and want to support me, please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists!!! i love you guys endlessly, have the best day ever!!!)