chapter 53- love

tw // stalking (it's only for a short section but i thought i should include the warning anyway <3)

we get back to aubrey's apartment after discussing a lot of things during the entire car ride. she tells me a few things about carter. how they met, different things he did, what he's like, etc.

"here you are," i say as i put the car in park.

aubrey sits in the car and plays with her jacket nervously.

"do you want to come in?" she asks. i blush and laugh nervously. she rolls her eyes. "not like that, idiot. i just... don't want to be alone right now."

"oh. oh! yeah, of course." i turn off the engine and get out of the car, then help aubrey out. we go into the elevator to her apartment, and when she opens the door, it's exactly what i would picture her apartment to look like.

it's a mostly dark academia theme, with many books and plants scattered around. and of course a few witch related things.

i stifle a laugh. i almost forgot about how she scared tubbo to death with her witchy antics.

"sorry, i didn't clean it this morning... i didn't know i'd have company," aubrey says as she puts an empty cup in the sink.

"it's no big deal. my place is way worse. and i love the way you decorated this. it looks exactly how i pictured it would," i reply with sincere honesty. aubrey smiles and sits criss cross on the couch, then nods her head towards the empty space next to her.

i catch her drift quickly and sit next to her.

"do you want me to continue the story? or..." aubrey asks awkwardly.

"yes."

after learning a portion of her story, i need to know more. i need to know how much she's been through, and how much stronger it's made her.

"well, i think i told you everything about carter..."

"how did you guys break up?"

aubrey looks up at the ceiling, thinking back to that time.

"if it's too personal, you don't-"

"i remember screaming at him, telling him we were over forever. but i waited until that night to really go through with my plans. i packed my bags, then waited until two in the morning to sneak out. but before i did, i took his favorite cd and hid it under the sink. i took his favorite snacks out of the pantry and packed them in my bag. and finally, i left a sticky note that said "fuck you" on his bathroom mirror."

i try my best not to laugh.

"you can laugh."

i release my laugh and aubrey laughs with me.

"i was emotional and wanted him to feel at least an ounce of the pain he put me through!"

"you hid his cd and took his snacks!"

"and i don't regret it! vengence is sweet."

we continue to laugh for a while, before calming down and aubrey continuing her story.

"i stayed with a friend after that. but the both of us were absolutely tortured by carter. like i said, he had a tracker on my phone, so would randomly wait outside my friend's house. i would never leave, but carter constantly bugged them. 'where's aubrey' this and 'tell aubrey to come outside' that. he was just trying to get me to go back with him. and every single time they told me about him, i said i wanted nothing to do with him and that he should just go home. but he wouldn't budge."

aubrey pauses for a second before continuing.

"eventually, i started leaving the house. i would leave and buy groceries, go out to eat with river- that was my friend's name- and their friends. stuff like that. and i had my favorite places. like a little park a few minutes away from river's house, and a bookstore in a shopping center." aubrey sighs. "and soon enough, carter found out about those places as well."