chapter 47- hours

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

wilbur's pov

it's been two hours, seventeen minutes, and forty-nine seconds since aubrey called.

but hey, who's counting?

she said she would call me right after she got off the phone with quackity.

maybe they've been talking for a long time?

there's no way.

should i try calling her?

i check the clock again.

fifty-six

fifty-seven

fifty-eight

fifty-nine

it's been two hours and eighteen minutes since aubrey called me.

i open my phone and find her contact at the very top, then call her.

the phone rings for a while before going to voicemail.

i hang up and click my tongue, putting my hands on my hips.

i go through my contacts and call tommy. he picks up immediately.

"hi," he says.

"hey, very great job on the vlog. i loved it," i respond. i can practically hear tommy beaming proudly.

"thanks! it's number one on trending already, did you see?"

"i didn't. but i'm not surprised. i'm very proud of you." tommy giggles. "there's actually a reason i called you, though."

"oh, yeah? what is it?"

"do you..." i chew at my bottom lip. "has aubrey called you recently? or texted? or anything?"

"yeah, actually. like thirty minutes ago."

my ears perk up and my eyes widen.

"go on," i encourage. "what did she say?"

"let me check." tommy pauses a second. "she texted me 'amazing vlog, i loved it very much.' and a smiley face at the end."

i can't tell if that was passive aggression or if she meant it.

"uh huh... wait. how long ago did you say that was?"

"half an hour ago."

"but she ended her call with quackity two hours and twenty minutes ago!"

"um... okay? why's that relevant?"

"because quackity was calling her, and she seemed panicked, and i'm worried she's not okay."

"that's her boyfriend, wilbur. she's fine."

"but what if she's not?"

"wil..." tommy sighs. "i'm sorry. i know it's difficult. i can tell you really like her and it sucks that she's already in a relationship. but she's okay. she's with her boyfriend."

stop reminding me.

i don't answer for a minute.

"i guess you're right," i lie.

"as per usual," tommy laughs.

"whatever, child. i'm gonna go, i have to call niki. talk soon."

"bye!"

i hang up the phone.

despite what tommy said, i'm not convinced that aubrey's okay.

i scroll and find niki's contact, then wait for her to answer.

"hey," niki's soft voice answers as soon as she picks up the phone.

"niki!" i exclaim. "thank god you answered. has aubrey talked to you recently?"

"aubrey? no she hasn't. is she okay?"

"i don't know."

"what do you mean you don't know?"

i explain the situation to niki and she sighs.

"tommy gave you a male perspective, but i'm here to give you a female perspective." niki exhales slowly. "she's probably not okay."

"what makes you think that?"

"she said she'd call you back and she hasn't. she's texted tommy though, which shows this has nothing to do with the vlog. if you ask me, it sounds like her and alex are fighting. that's why she's not talking to you. because you're probably the reason they're fighting."

i wince.

"great. thanks for that. now i feel loads better," i reply grimly.

"i'm sorry. i know that isn't what you wanted to hear. but i'm telling you what i'm almost positive is happening."

"should i call again?"

"not yet. give her a day. once she sleeps on it, she'll probably feel better."

"you think so?"

"yup. if i was her, that's what i'd do. time heals all. don't worry, she won't ghost you forever."

how can you be so sure?

"okay. thank you, niki. i really appreciate it a lot. you were a lot of help."

"anytime. i'll try reaching out to her and let you know if she responds."

"thank you so much."

"of course. talk to you later?"

"talk to you later."

niki hangs up and i sigh. i lean myself against the wall and slide down to the floor.

this sucks. 

(A/N Y'ALL WE HIT 2K FOLLOWERS THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHH <3 this is super duper insane and mind boggling and i'm so grateful thank you thank you thank you ahbfjkdhfjkdhajk i love you guys. so much. omg. so much love for you guys. until the end of time. forever and ever. to the moon and back. wowowowowow. you are all so beautiful. so valid. so cool. so smart. so funny. so perfect. i simp for all of you. awooga)

(oh and if you want... you can vote... comment... share... add to reading lists... that would be epic too hehe)