Chapter 33.

Trey's POV :
I didn't want to tell Farah yes. I needed her to get over me. I never meant to get her so attached. I didn't want to hurt her anymore, but I knew I couldn't leave her.

"Yes."

"Good." She replied softly.

Her voice was so sweet and gentle. Everything about Farah was gentle.

"Goodnight." I kissed the top of her hair.

"Goodnight." She turned her body.

I wrapped my hands around her waist, for at least an hour before climbing out of her bed. Hopefully she won't be mad waking up alone.
•••
Farah's POV :
I woke up cold and alone. I sat up on my bed, glancing out of my window. It was raining heavily, my favorite type of weather. I slipped out of bed, to the sound of my phone buzzing on my dresser. Millions of social media notifications, and then a message from Trey.

*Hope you're not mad I left. Didn't want to get you in trouble*

I set down my phone and walked towards my draw. I looked through old clothes, finding a red dress I once wore years ago. I reached for it, examining how nice it still was. I quickly slid it on, then walked to my door. Nobody was up yet, and I was very thankful. I tip toed down the stairs and out of the front door into the rain. It was peaceful and lovely.

I walked through the grass and into the street, letting the rain soak my hair, and my body. I jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"August?" I exclaimed.

"My grandparents live in here. I didn't know if it was you. You okay?" He looked up and down my body.

I probably looked a mess, what was I thinking coming out here like a kid?

"Yeah. My apologies for yesterday by the way." I licked the rain off my lips.

"Since we're both here and wet, shall we walk?" He reached uneasily out for my hand.

"Yeah." I smiled sweetly, taking his.

Was this wrong? After last night with Trey? I really don't know. I needed this walk right now, I would put up with the consequences later.

"Take this jacket." He unzipped his and wrapped it around me.

Surprisingly, he had another one under it.

"Thank you." I put my arms into it, and zipped it up.

"So what brought you out barefoot into this rain?" He looked at me puzzled.

"Gives me time to think.." I answered him politely.

"I do it too. Kinda why I'm out here." He responded.

"What could you possibly have in that small mind of yours?" I looked up at him.

"It's just good to think sometimes Farah, you know?" He looked away from me, down to the ground.

"I know." I agreed with him.

"What about you?" He arched an eyebrow.

"Well, I've always loved to walk in the rain in general, but I feel lost right now."

"Lost?" He frowned.

"Lost." I repeated.

I know August was looking for an explanation but he did not need one.

"Lost yourself?" He asked after minutes of silence.

"Yeah. Something like that." I told him.

"I think we've all lost parts of ourselves Farah. The pain comes with how we choose to live with it."