Chapter 5.

Farah's POV :
I woke up by my phone ringing. I glanced around the dorm, and it was daylight. I pranced over to the couch to see Eric calling.

"What Eric?" I answered with annoyance in my voice.

I read the clock on my phone, it was 11:00 in the morning. I couldn't believe I had been asleep for so long, well for me, 11:00 was long.

Looks like I already missed classes.

"I am so sorry Farah. I've been thinking about you all day, and night." He told me.

"This just isn't going to work out Eric. You messed up, this was the cherry to your milkshake. Have a nice day." I clicked the phone off and set it down.

My battery was low, and I found the charger on the ground. I plugged it up into a plug in by the wall behind the couch.

I decided I would get dressed and head downstairs to get something to eat. I slid into the bathroom, strapping my hair up into a messy bun.

I'd call the board and reschedule starting my classes.

After I ate breakfast I would be sure to come back and unpack everything. I left the bathroom, and went into my suitcase.

I pulled out some morning face wash, my toothpaste, and toothbrush, and some sweatpants with a t shirt. I slipped back into the bathroom, washing my face off. It was a bit difficult taking all the makeup off that Jessica had attached to my face. Which made me wonder if she ever even came home.

After I changed into my clothes, I was thinking about Trey. I recalled the kiss with him last night. It almost seemed unreal today.

My thoughts were so confused. I knew inside I loved Eric, but it was so wrong to forgive him for what he did.

Everything finally came together, why we never dated. I was heartbroken and torn inside. Part of me wanted to call him, and just talk about it, but I was in college now. I couldn't spend my whole life trying to win the heart of a man who didn't feel the same way.

I took a long stare in the bathroom mirror. I admired my silky, still curled hair in a bun.

My cheeks were boney, and I had a slim face.

My teeth were straight and white, thanks to braces. My cheeks had a pink shade to them, as well as my lips. I was thankful my face didn't break out from the makeup Jessica gave me. I left my face bag in the bathroom, and carried out my old clothes. I stumbled over the items on the floor to my suitcase.

I placed my dirty clothes in there for now, and grabbed some sandals. I grabbed my dorm key from the counter, and left my bedroom.

I felt the need to see if Jessica was okay, so I knocked quietly on her door.

"Coming." I heard her voice from inside. She opened the door and greeted me with a smile as if nothing had ever happened.

"Hey girl." She grinned.

"Hey.. When did you get home?" I questioned her.

"Late, you left early I suppose."

"Yeah, I was tired." I stated.

I thought about mentioning my evening with Trey, but I couldn't trust her. She was a cool person but not the type to tell secrets to.

Besides, she's experienced more with him, and I will seem like a newbie.

"Where are you going?" She looked out of the door, seeing if people were around.

"Breakfast."

"Can I come?" She pleaded.

She had on a tank top with shorts, and some flip flops. Obviously she didn't really care on her appearance. Her hair was a mess, curls flooded the sky. I nodded my head, and she ran back into her dorm, coming out with a key and her phone. We headed over to the elevators. In any time, she was texting.

"I met this guy at the party last night." She told me as we stepped in.

"Cool cool." I smiled at her.

"His name is Chad." She hit my arm playfully because of my lack of caring.

"Did you get his number?" I asked her.

"Sure did. He's coming over later." She explained.

"Sounds fun." I simply stated, stepping out of the elevator.

We headed towards the food area across the dorms. As soon as Jessica opened the door, I spotted Trey getting water. He took a long stare at me and made his way over to us.

"Good morning." He directed at me, then Jessica.

"Can we help you?" Jessica said in a playful tone.

"Nice to see you too Jessica." Trey rolled his eyes.

"He knows I love him." Jessica winked at me and I got annoyed.

"I'm going to go look for the bathroom." I turned around quickly and walked out of the breakfast room, to hear fast footsteps behind me.

"Farah." Trey called behind me.

I was about to cross the street but changed my mind. He approached me.

"Don't go." He said quietly.

"I just got my heart shattered by my boyfriend, well whatever he was. Don't have time to watch you two flirt." I crossed my arms.

"I would never even like Jessica like that." He said disgusted.

"Or me, so bye." I turned away from him, beginning to walk across the street.

"Can we go back to my place?" He called.

"What?" The wind was moving my bun around, and I began to get cold.

The weather was chilly today.

"Let's get some breakfast and take it back to.. My place." He suggested. I turned around, and a smile spread across my face. This was exactly what I wanted Eric to have treated me like. I glanced down the streets, capturing this moment.

"So?" He interrupted my thoughts.

"That would be great." I smiled at him. He gripped his hand on my waist and led me back into the restaurant.

sorry for making this chapter so short. I just wanted to publish it lol.