Chapter 61

Farah's POV :

Trey reached me at my car.

"Would you like to pick a place and have me follow? I don't know Seattle that well." He informed me.

"Yeah. Yeah that's fine. I have a place in mind.. It's not too far." I nodded.

A smile stretched across his smooth chocolate skin.

"Good."

I made eye contact before unlocking my car and climbing in.

•••

We were finally reaching the restaurant. I had led us to a good pizza place, one of my favorites.

We got a booth for two, and both took a seat. It was a little awkward for me.

I was basically a different person now. I was in counseling... Just got back into college to actually be a doctor this time. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until I took the time to learn.

Me and Trey go way back to college, it's sort of like meeting all over again.

"So..." He began a conversation after our waiter took an order of our drinks.

I blinked, waiting for him to speak.

"How have you been doing?" He asked.

"Good. I'm really good. Just been in college lately really." I replied.

"So why are you out?" He asked.

"Just wanted to get away for the weekend. I go buy some stuff from the store sometimes to put in my dorm."

"That sounds interesting. Back in college you say... Wow." His hand slid under his chin.

"Yes. I realized when I went back how much I should've just stayed from the beginning." Deep down I regretted my choice of words as they slipped my mouth.

He nodded.

"I apologize for making you leave." A small frown formed on his mouth.

"It's ok. That was a while ago." I crossed my arms.

"You look good, like you look really happy actually." He sighed.

"I'm ok. I started counseling, which has helped a lot. I'm really just getting back on my feet." My voice was low.

He turned away.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He redirected his attention towards me.

"Tell me, c'mon Trey. Let's be honest here." I begged.

"I just missed you. I got no phone calls or texts back, but it's cool. I guess you wanted to move on." He itched his hair.

"I was a mess. I needed to get away, get to know myself again. Re-build a relationship with my family and just focus on me." I explained.

He nodded.

"What else is it?" I could tell he was hiding something.

"You won't understand and I can't explain. I just missed you more than you'd ever know. Losing you has always been my biggest fear, and I have been facing it for so long. I should've came to counseling with you, supported you. I was so selfish. But if it helps, I have joined a counseling class to fix the broken pieces of me. I did it for you, but also myself... To better who I was."

"That's amazing Trey." I smiled.

"I'd like to get to know you again Farah. In a new way, no games, no lies. I've known you for so long. From college, to you coming to find me, be my songwriter, filming a movie... God. You were my miracle, you are my miracle. I am honestly incapable of losing you. I can't let you go." His hand reached for mine.

"I'm sorry Trey.... I just cannot rush into anything right now."

"We don't have to rush, just be friends and if it turns into something more then...."

"Yeah. We can be friends." I agreed.

Hey guys! I'm back to updating. It had been awhile and I had to go back and make a lot of changes. Anyways keep reading!!!

do y'all think things could ever work for them again?? Or will this be like a sequel to their crazy love before?

Xoxoxoxo