Chapter 55

You guys check out my new book In plain sight !!!! Pleaseeeeee & thank you. Someone asked what kind of mood this chapter was going to be.
Fly Before You Fall by Cynthia Erivo was a song I played while writing this chapter, and that's where the ideas came from.

Farah's POV |
"Trey just leave." I huffed. "Just leave."

"Farah I'm not leaving. I can't."

"I just want to be alone." I cried.

He pulled me into a hug, lifting me up and carrying me to the mattress. He pulled my body into his, into the warmth of his body.

"I love you. I will always love you. I know I've fucked up endlessly, but there's nothing I love more than you. My Farah." He gripped into me tight.

"I'm not going to lose you because of my mistakes, or yours." He promised.

My body began to calm, and I was getting sleepy. That's all I remember from the
moment.

•••

When I awoke, I felt the warmth of Trey's body. My eyes opened to a full view of him watching me. His eyes were filled with concern.

"I'm ok." I smiled, talking a sigh.

He frowned.

"I am." I kissed his cheek.

He frowned again. "I should of never left you."

"I wanted you to, you can't honestly blame yourself for that." I shook my head.

"You're mine. My job is to protect you and I failed." A tear escaped his eye.

I've never seen such care.

"It was you one time, my fault." I reminded him.

"This is different."

"Trey no it's not. Everybody goes through things. I just need you to trust me, ok?" I searched his eyes. "Thank you."

He sighed again, a pained sigh. Pulling me closer to him.

"I'm never leaving you alone again."

"Ok."

Love is a scary thing. Trey is no good for my life but obviously neither of us can live without each other.

The phone rang, causing Trey to jump back into reality.

"I'll get it." He hesitated, getting up for it.

"Hello?" He picked it up. "Yeah." He looked over to me.

He walked back over to me. "It's for you."

I took it from him, giving him an odd look.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"Please tell me you didn't try to kill yourself señora." My mom sobbed on the line.

I took a deep breath, handling my anger.

"You weren't here when I needed you. So don't bother to be here now. I love you mom, but I don't want to talk to you right now." I hung the phone up.

I set it down on my lap, looking down at my hands.

"Everything okay?" Trey walked over to comfort me, kissing my forehead.

"Nothing's okay. Can't you see that?" I gave him a dark look.

"Yes Farah, I see." He agreed.

"No." Tears sprang down my face. "You don't see. You never have. You break hearts Trey, and act like it never happened. You can't just ruin people's lives."

"So that's what you think?" His eyes got wide. "That I ruined your life."

"No. I think you ruined me. No, I don't think... I know. Everything I was, the happiness I had, I don't have anymore. You can't see that? I mean what do you see?" I wiped my eyes.

"You wanna know what I see?" He chuckled. "I see someone who cares for me. I've never been treated with so much care... Had someone so important cry over me. You know I didn't want this for you Farah... You pushed me away many times. I'm a boy, yeah I fuck up but so have you. I was like this once upon a time. I see a girl who I love, whom I've loved since the moment I saw her. Since I was fucking a girl in a college dorm and got caught by you. You're irresistible, you can't see the beauty, how amazing you are. You can't see how much I adore you, I want you all the time but times like these are what break us." He ran out of breath.

I reached for his chin, pulling him in for a kiss. He kissed me harshly, pushing my body down on the mattress.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

"I love you more." He kissed my hand.