Chapter 38.

August's POV :
Farah knew nothing about me.

She knew nothing about how much I could take advantage of her. If she was smart, she'd stay away.

There's no doubt she's beautiful.. She does deserve the best. And that is not me. I know she is cautious, nervous even.

I want her to give herself to me. I want her emotions, thoughts, and feelings. I want sex, love, hate, and fear from her.

Which is exactly what I got from Selena. Farah might be the one. See, the way I operate is I take everything a girl has, her goodness, weakness, and even bad side. From everything i debate whether they are worth keeping. I've broken hearts, many, Selena was the worst. I took everything from her. Part of me thought she might of been worth it all.

I took her virginity, after that everything else. I know her better than she knows herself, and when I left her, she had nothing. Nothing because I took what she was, and I didn't care.

I didn't care at all. I wanted her to be weak, not strong, unable to love another soul after I left her. That was the only way of reminding me what we had was real. She vented to me, told me things she said she would never want a soul to know.

I took her heart, and left her without one.

She was not the same after I left her, and I know for a fact she will never be whole again, not after dealing with me. See, the way I work is I want everything from a girl. In my opinion, why fuck a girl when you can have that and more? I've never fucked anyone without knowing them.

I show them love, hate, regular things in a relationship. I listen to them, kiss them, make them feel wanted. I treat them like a queen.

After they've told me so much, I know them like the back of my hand.. And I discover they aren't someone I want, I leave. I leave them crying, begging, dead inside. When I look on their social media, they are still single. They tweet hints such as "I can never love again." Or "I don't do love." My parents showed no type of love for me, so I feel I don't need to show love for others.

I know what I do can be cruel, wrong on so many levels, but it is all I know. I need to lift Farah up, before invading her, seeing if she is the one, worth it all. Through all the girls I've dealt with, was she the one I was looking for? I couldn't hurt her before helping her.

Farah's POV :
After itching his head, and staying silent for awhile August finally spoke back to me.

"What's that game called that helps you know a person?" He tilted his head.

"Twenty one questions?" I laughed.

"We should do that. I really want to know you better Farah." He admitted.

"We can." I assured him.

"Go into the living room." He pointed forward.

I nodded my head, walking in, taking a spot on the large white couch. And God, it was the comfiest couch I've ever been on in my life.

"Do you want to start?" He sat down beside me, turning his body to face me.

"Umm.. Favorite color?" I suggested.

"Green, you?" He asked fast.

"Red." I smiled, looking down.

"Why?" He asked, causing my head to lift up again, making eye contact with him.

"I just like the color." I chuckled, biting my lip.

"What makes or made you like the color?" He asked curiously.

"My turn." I reminded him. "Do you write your own songs?" I asked him.

"Yes I do. What made you like the color red? Think about it." His eyes squinted.

"It's always stood out to me. I don't have much of a reason, I just adore the color." I explained.

"I see.. Your turn." He gave me a small nod.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked him.

"No. Good question, have you?" He raised one eyebrow.

"No." I shrugged.

"To play the game you have to be truthful. Let me ask you again, have you ever been in love?" He crossed his arms.

"Once." I took moments to reply. I started to wish we didn't play this game.

"With Trey." He looked for an answer.

"My turn. Do you see your parents much?" I blinked.

"No, I don't go see them. You fell in love with Trey?" He brought it up again.

"Yeah." I whispered. "You can fall out of love though, you know." I shot him a glare.

"I see." He licked his lips, his face was unreadable, he just looked to be thinking about something.

"Why do you not go see your parents?" I leaned against a pillow on the couch.

"I don't get along with them. What are you thinking about?" He leaned against the couch as well.

"That this game is pointless." I replied.

"How?" He look surprised.

"Both of us have our guard up.. It's helping us figure out really nothing. Only things we already know." I looked down.

"Farah, are you a virgin?" He asked me.

"If I said yes would you be as happy as if I said no or would it matter? Because I know you are not I can tell." I squinted my eyes.

"You are very difficult to figure out Farah. I like that about you. You aren't are you?"

"No, no August I am not."

"I don't mind that you aren't." A small smile spread across his lips.

"That's good I guess." I shrugged.

"Can you tell me something about you not many people know?" August asked me.

"I'm not special." I admitted.

"What? I don't get it." He frowned.

"You will someday."