Chapter 2.

Farah's POV:
College Day (Days Later) :
Clara helped me load my bags into the truck.

We had to rent one, since all my parents and I owned were cars.

Mom and dad got the hint I was finally getting along with Clara, but they chose to be silent about it, not wanting to make a big deal.

"That's all." Clara bent down out of breath.

"Good." I glanced at her, managing a smile.

"You two go get in the car with your mother, we need to get down there." My dad interrupted.

We nodded our heads in agreement and hustled over to the car.

"Hurry!" My mom urged us while we stepped in.

Clara and I rolled our eyes as we hurried to buckle our seatbelt. She immediately pulled out her phone, so I decided to the the same. Mom waited until dad pulled out of the driveway to get on the road. I had no texts from Eric, at all. I was slightly disappointed.

I knew he was heading off for his college, but I felt he put no effort forward. Days before, he told me he'd try to come see me, and he hasn't, therefore I have a right to be mad at him.

I set my phone down beside me and started conversation with my mom. We were just pulling out of the neighborhood, and heading for the highway. It was about an hour drive from the house.

"So when will you or dad bring my car up?" I asked her.

"Manaña señora." She stated.

Tomorrow seemed like such a long time to wait for my car, but I would have to endure it.

I reached back to my phone, still no messages. I yanked my earphones out of my butt pockets of my jeans and set my music in. I was quite tired, and I believed it was needed for me to take a quick nap.

Clara was tapping her hands on her thighs, mouthing the words to her music while she texted.

Her hair was a natural wave, and she never straightened it. It was about down to her elbows, like mine. I had a natural wavy state too, like our father, but I straightened it more often. I decided however to leave mine curly today too. I typed in my passcode and decided to send Eric a quick text.

*Thanks for coming to see me.. lololol. I hate you.* I sent him, giggling quietly to myself.

I knew at any minute he would reply saying I just can't with Latinas or something. He was constantly making cute little jokes about my race. A buzz came from my phone and I glanced down, Eric.

*I told you I had to do stuff as well. Im on my way to college with my mom. I'll come see you tonight? remember what you told me.* He replied.

What was with him? I had to admit I was delighted he was coming to see me tonight, but I felt like it was only for what he wanted me to give him.

*Um okay.* I sent back, setting my phone down on my lap. I glanced at the window, blinking my eyelashes slowly. I forced my eyes to close, urging the nap.

"Señora, we are here!" My mom called from the front seat. I opened my eyes and stretched my arms out. Clara was eyeing the campus, taking pictures.

I looked around, seeing many young adults walking with their love, or friends, and switching classes.

"Your father is inside getting you a dorm. I have a great feeling about this place." She said in excitement.

I saw my father walking slowly towards the car with a key. He opened my door and handed it to me.