Chapter 62

Trey's POV |

It was like I was sitting in front of a new person. Farah was... Different now.

Yes, I thought it was good she was doing counseling. But it was something else. Almost as if she was talking to some other guy.. Because she was acting distanced.

She didn't talk much throughout our meal, and our conversations were short. She kept everything so simple with me, as if I was a long lost family member.

I didn't want to force her to open up more and push her away, so I put up with the awkwardness.

Soon enough, we both finished eating, and I paid for the meal.

She said she'd be fine with paying and she didn't want me to, guess that was something about her that was still the same.

I had to admit, I was surprised as hell how she moved on so smoothly. I couldn't even get her to reply to my messages or calls.

I should've known we wouldn't work out when I walked out on her.

Farah's POV |

After finishing our little catch up date.. We were at my car saying our goodbyes.

"How long will you be in Seattle?" I asked him.

"Until whenever." He replied.

"Oh."

He sighed, shaking his head.

"What?" I asked him.

"Shit just won't ever be the same. I shouldn't even have stopped you. I apologize. Have a good rest of the night Farah." And he walked away to his car.

Apart of me wanted to cry. Seeing him walk away from me was like him walking out on me just once again.

I didn't know whether to just let him go or run after him,

I think I made the wrong choice.

I ran for him.

"Trey." I called.

I watched him turn.

"Don't.. Go." My voice was uneasy.

He approached me, not hesitating to grab my fragile face and force me to look up at him.

My eyes closed, and I began to cry. All the pain I had spent so much time trying to get over had returned.

Trey was no angel, he was no miracle. He was the biggest mistake of my life, and my worst addiction.

"I know." He read my thoughts. "All of the memories."

"I spent so much time trying to recover." I admitted.

"I know." He replied.

"My feelings are everywhere right now." I told him.

"Mine too. I just need more time to talk to you." He peered at me.

"Fine." I gave in. "Let's go back to your hotel. But for nothing but just to talk." I crossed my arms.

"Fine beautiful." He agreed.