Chapter 37.

Farah's POV :
The food was delicious. August and I decided to skip the party and go to his place. He was a sweet person, very, very kind..

But I couldn't bring myself to think about starting with someone else. I didn't know if I could.

"Here it is." We pulled up into a secret lot.

His house was huge, and had a lake in front. He couldn't live here alone, it was too good to believe.

"Wow.. Who do you live with?" I questioned him.

"Myself." He laughed a little to himself. "I am grown." He reminded me.

"I know, it's just really nice. I haven't put my money to much use yet." I looked down at my fingers.

"I could help you." He offered.

"That sounds good.. Maybe tomorrow?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Let's go inside." He smiled at me, unbuckling his seatbelt.

I unbuckled mine too, opening my side of the door and stepping out. It was quite chilly outside. I still couldn't believe August did this house work for just him. He was a hard working person.

We met in the front of the car. He put his hand down my lower back, leading me up to the door.

"Did you design this yourself?" I caught him off guard, falling deep into the gaze of the house once again.

"I did." He nodded.

"How?" A hesitant look came to my eyes, as I turned my head to his.

"When you work hard Farah, this is what comes. I have earned everything I have, because I have worked for it."

We reached the door, as August put a key up, unlocking it and opening it for me.

I stepped inside, getting lost in all the expense.

"When you say you've worked for it.. Your parents-"

"We're not involved in anything. I did this on my own." He closed the door behind him.

"I couldn't imagine." I let a breath out, smiling at my surroundings.

"Sorry I-"

"Don't apologize please." He shook his head.

"You have nothing to feel bad about. Do you mind if I use the bathroom?" He set his keys and phone down on a table by the door.

"Go ahead." I shrugged my shoulders.

"The living room is right in there." He pointed ahead of us.

"Okay." I walked towards it.

"Call me if you need something." He approached the stairs, jogging quickly up them.

When I heard a door close upstairs, I walked back by the door, looking around again. I wonder what August meant when he claimed he worked for every single thing he had. He appeared very passionate about it. I jumped to his phone buzzing on the table. I walked over to it, the screen showing "Selena" I swiped the phone curiously, and to my surprise, he didn't have a lock. I quickly turned around upstairs to check he wouldn't catch me, and scrolled up their conversation, one from about a month ago.

I stopped when I read

*I gave you EVERYTHING AUGUST. You're honestly letting us go because you're "bored." Wtf??* Sent from Selena.

*ok.* sent by August.

*im going to break if you leave.* sent from Selena.

*break then.* August replied.

I heard the doors open upstairs, and quickly set the phone down. I rushed back towards the living room, standing awkwardly.

"Sorry if I took awhile." I heard his soothing voice behind me.

"Oh no.. It's all good." I turned around.

"What would you like to do?" He put his hands in his pockets, taking a glance up and down my body.

"Whatever." I laughed, putting mine in my pockets too.

1K OMGGGGGG!! I'm so happy! Please share this book with others if you enjoy it! Next update coming soon.