Chapter 54

Farah's POV |

August and I headed into the house after the rain got light.

I checked my phone inside, sitting beside him on the mattress. I checked snapchat, immediately watching Trey's.

He was with a girl, kissing her in the snapchat. She was gorgeous... I felt.. She was more gorgeous than me.

"Who is she?" I asked August.

He shook his head at me.

"I don't know."

"Oh." I responded dry.

"He's doing it to get to you." August shrugged.

"Na, he probably moved on." I mumbled.

"I'm a guy, and I know. He's doing it to get to you because you rejected him. You're way more beautiful than her. She's probably an ex of his he's using, just liked he used...." He stopped his words.

"Trey didn't use me." I defended him.

"Ok." He said.

"August, you don't know what we had."

"Ok." He repeated himself.

I clicked off on my phone, taking in a sigh.

I couldn't believe Trey, he was acting like a child.

I rested my head upon the mattress, beginning to feel lonely.

"Farah, when will you see that you deserve more?" August huffed.

"I know I do."

"Trey wants this exact reaction, so you can go crawling back. He wants you to beg. You're too.... Important of a person to ever need to beg." August told me.

"Thank you."

I watched as he scooted closer to me, kissing my cheek. I froze, deciding how to react.

I just looked down to my hands and smiled.

"It's starting to rain hard again." I glanced back inside.

"Shall we go back out?"

"No. I'm actually kind of cold." I squeezed myself.

"Hello?" He opened his arms. "Man with the body heat over here."

I leaned in, feeling the warmth of August's body around me. For a moment the pain I was feeling disappeared.

He began to hum, I couldn't recognize the song he was singing, but it was beautiful. His voice alone could fill the room with electricity.

I took my hand to his arm, scanning his tattoos. His breath got slower as I felt down his arm, gazing at the different patterns.

"They're beautiful." I told him. "They suit you well."

His lips spread into a smile, as he rocked me back and forth.

"What song was that you were humming?" I was curious.

"From the new album I'm working on."

"Remember when you asked me did I want to be on it?" I laughed.

"More money for the both of us. It could be a huge hit." His tone got serious.

"I think we should do it."

"Make it a plan." He said soothingly.

Maybe this was good enough. Spend some time with August and learn to get over Trey. Eventually I would find someone worth waiting for.... Hopefully. I just needed to get it together, which I would.

For The Love Of Trey Songzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें