Lover | Eren x (Non-Binary) Reader

Prompt- Reader comes out as non-binary to Eren

You chewed on the inside of your cheek, nervously picking at your fingernails. You had asked him to come here, you had asked for it and yet your heart couldn't stop racing.

"Y/n?" His voice spoke, frightening you for a moment. You turned around, smiling shyly.

"H-hey." you cursed yourself for the involuntary stutter, quickly continuing in an effort to forget about it. "So... how was your day?" you asked, clasping your hands together to try and stop them from shaking.

"Good." he responded, coming closer as he continued. "Although it was pretty nerve wracking to get your note this morning. I've been pretty anxious all day." You and me both. You thought as you started to apologize.

The note you left on his dressed was only a few words but even that was a feat. Making the note was a task alone because of your shaking hands and then sneaking in his room to place the note was scary as hell. You took a deep breath to calm yourself before talking again.

"About that... I have something to tell you and i'm not sure how you'll take it. I mean your kind and all but I-"

"Y/n." he interrupted you, holding your hands with his. He was barely inches away, a soft smile comforting you. "You and tell me anything. Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay." you breathed, taking a deep breath. Now or never. You thought, beginning. "I-I've been feeling strange for a while a-and i've finally found the source. What I wanted to tel you was... i-im not a girl." His face grew confused. "I-I'm non-binary. I don't identify as a she or he. I use they and them for pronouns instead." You held your breath, watching him process what you had told him.

"That's cool, I mean I didn't know there was anything like that. But I don't mind, if it's what you want."

"It is."

"Okay. But just for clarification, can you explain it to me?"

"Yeah of course. So basically instead of you referring to me as a girl with she and her, I am just a person, no gender. So, for instance, if you were talking with say Armin, instead of saying 'She went to store' you'd say 'They went to the store'. Makes sense?"

"Yeah. I get it. So what do I say when people ask about you?"

"Just say i'm a person. Non-gendered things like that. Friend, sibling and such."

"A-and what do I say when people ask what you are to me?"

"What do you mean? I'm your friend?"

"No, like this." he said, smashing his lips on yours.

He moaned slightly as yours lips danced with his, your eyes shutting immediately and your heart fluttering like earlier, except this time if was from pure joy. He wrapped his arms round you, pulling you closer as you threaded your fingers into his soft hair. When you pulled apart you rested your head on his shoulder, trying to get your breath back.

"Whats the word for that?" he breathed.

"Lover." you answered in a whispered.

"Lover." he repeated, smiling.

"Y/n, will you be my lover?"

"Yes."

a/n- COMFORT ik it's kinda short but to me this is SO FUCKING CUTE so let me know what y'all think.

what are your pronouns?
[i am gender queer so i go by all- she/he/they]

this was a request by kasanesteto

no matter who you are, i love you and always feel free to message me<3