14

Mon. 14th Mar. 2022

Angel's POV

I was leaving the apartment when I saw someone standing at the bottom of my stairs watching me. He was leaning against a Mercedes Benz SUV, dressed in black fitted jeans, a white dress shirt with a few buttons open, a brown coat and had on black leather shoes. His hair was curly and he had a boxy smile plastered on his face. 

I walked down the stairs and as I got closer, I was surprised. He looked really familiar. I finally reached down and I was shocked to see the person in front of me.

"Mr. Kim?"

"Call me Taehyung please." he implied.

I smiled, nodding "How are you?"

He chuckles "I'm doing well." I nod.

I looked around wondering why he was here. "Not to sound too forward but why are you here and how did you find me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I just got back in town and I remembered I was supposed to message you but sadly I lost your number so I asked my assistant to find you and here I am." he explained and I smiled.

"You could have texted though."

He nods. "I know. I also want to apologize for showing up like this but I'm a man of action more than words. Plus you have been on my mind since our last meeting." he admits boldly.

Shocked by his statement, I simply nod. "Was that too much?" he asked and I laughed.

"Just a bit." I teased.

He chuckles "Sorry. My mom always said I got my bravery from my father." he jokes and I smiled.

Checking my time, it was almost 9 AM and Jungkook wasn't here yet. I looked up back at Taehyung and he watched me curiously.

"Do you have a ride?" he asks.

"Well my driver is running late and I'm not sure why. I'm going to be late if I don't leave now."

"How about I give you a ride?" he offered.

"Let me make a call first." I say and he nods.

I quickly went to the side and dialed Jungkook. After a few seconds, he answered and said he was caught up in an emergency. I wanted to curse him since he could have told me but I just simply sucked it up and told him I got a ride. He apologized and I accepted. 

I walked back towards Taehyung "Well my driver couldn't make it." I explained.

He smiles "My offer still stands." he said.

I simply thanked him as he opened the door to his car. Few seconds later he got inside the car and we were on our way.

"How have you been?" he asked.

I smiled thinking about these past few days "Been good." I answered.

"I could tell. You look happier than when we first met."

"Well everything is good for me. How about you though? Where were you?" I asked curiously.

As the car came to a stop at the stoplight, he turned to face me "I was visiting an artist in Paris and also it was my father's death anniversary so I got caught up." he explained.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I said with a sad smile.

"It's okay. I would like to make up for everything if you allow me to take you out for dinner?" he asked.

"Oh, well I'm kind of seeing someone." I confessed.

The light then changed and he turned to the front as he drove off. "That's okay. I'm not surprised since you are a very beautiful woman." he said with a sadness lacing his voice.