26

Sat. 7th May, 2022

Angel's POV

As I sat down inside the coffee shop, I tried to keep a cool composure. Today was going to be eventful. I had a dinner to attend later with Namjoon, Seokjin, Layla, Jungkook and Yoongi at the Kim Mansion to see Young-ho and Jessica. I honestly wasn't excited as I never thought two people could irritate me this much but Namjoon and Layla wanted me there. As for Seokjin, Yoongi and Jungkook they were a bit worried since I was the one on Young-ho and Jessica's radar but with a little persuading and of course Layla's threats, the boys gave in.

It still surprises me how scared they become when Layla starts getting angry. Apart from that, I was finally meeting with Taehyung after these past few weeks. When I texted him to meet, he immediately agreed. Due to our busy schedule we chose today.

I won't lie, I was really nervous because I know that what I am going to tell him will probably hurt him. I hated that I was going to do it but I hope he will be understanding enough to still be a part of my life.

Taehyung may have liked me but he never tried to push himself on me. He knew how much Namjoon meant to me and respected that. I guess that's why it was easy to fall for him.

The door to the shop opened and I looked over at the doorway to see him standing there looking around for me. Few seconds later, his eyes landed on me and I waved him over.

His boxy smile takes over his face as he hurriedly approaches me. I took in his appearance and smiled. Taehyung had a great fashion sense. He was wearing a plain white shirt, a knee length black short pant, a cream colored sweater and some black sandals. His hair was a little damp and curlier than usual but still adorable.

I stood up to greet him as he reached our table. He didn't hesitate to pull me in for a hug. I hugged him back because I truly missed him. As we part, we both took our seats facing each other.

"You look adorable with your curls." he complimented.

I smiled and thanked him. "And your curls got curlier. You look great." I returned it.

He thanked me and we proceeded to order something to drink. While we waited, we tried to talk about these past few weeks and what happened. He told me he was grateful for all the help he got with his gallery here in New York. He said because of those advertisements, his company was becoming huge. He also explained that he was opening another gallery in Paris in honour of his mother. I was really happy for him especially since this was his passion.

Our drinks finally came and now it was my turn. He asked me what happened and I told him everything. The situation that happened with Namjoon, how much work I was doing and the events that involved Young-ho and Jessica. Let's just say Taehyung was a bit pissed off.

"His father and his ex girlfriend started all this shit?" he questions in disbelief.

I nod. "I don't fully understand the story but I know that his father and that bitch is the reason why he has a hard time."

He sighs. "I'm really sorry Angie."

"It's okay. I'm really sorry for how things got between us." I apologized.

"I was a dick to you. I was just really mad because truthfully," he paused and I watched the sadness take over his facial expression. "I was falling in love with you. I knew I didn't have a chance but I gave myself hope thinking maybe you would choose me-"

I frown." Taehyung-"

"Let me speak first." he interjected and I nod.

"I know you love him. I have known for a long time and I honestly don't want you to feel bad about rejecting me. I knew you liked me but I knew I couldn't compare to him. I just really want you to be happy and if Namjoon makes you happy, I guess I have no choice but to like the guy." he finished with a reassuring smile.