Bonus Chapter: 2

Christmas Day
Wed. 25th Dec. 2024

Namjoon's POV

The cold air surrounds us, the snow that falls illuminated with the Christmas lights from decorations from the outside and the spirit of Christmas is once again here.

It was seven in the morning and I was currently attending to daddy duties as Halo just woke up crying loudly.

As I picked her up from the crib, she stopped crying and got comfortable in my arms as I cradled her.

"Merry Christmas baby girl." I tell her and she softly smiles making my heart flutter.

Halo turned a month old yesterday and even though it was hectic, I was happy that my baby girl was growing beautifully and healthy but also sad because she was growing too fast.

Being a new parent is kind of difficult. I thought my job was hard but having a child surely tops anything in this world. I had a basic idea of how it would be because of Seokjin and Taehyung with my nephews but it's true what they say, you have to experience it to truly know how it feels.

Halo was a good baby but she sure took a lot of my attributes. When she feels irritated, tired, hungry or she needs her diaper change, she causes a whole scene to make sure she gets pleased. Something I do even to this day so I knew my baby girl was going to be a handful even for me.

Apart from her anger, she was calming. She had the cutest smile that could melt hearts. Even though her dimples came from me, her smile was similar to her mother's.

Speaking of, my wife was killing it as a mother. When we finally got settled in with our baby, Angel took it upon herself to learn how our baby works and tried to put her on a routine which caused her to lack a lot of rest.

It took some time but she got it to work. Halo has a regular routine that works perfectly. My wife was very strong headed so even if I tried to force her to sleep, she wouldn't.

Which is why I try my best to be there for her as much as possible. I still worked but I had shorter hours just to come home and be with them both.

Being like this in our bubble is literally what I live for. I love waking up to them smiling and being happy. I like that I'm one of the reasons my family is happy and it was enough for me.

I smiled softly as I finished bathing Halo and getting her dressed up in the matching family Christmas onesie.

I decided that she and I could make breakfast first and then surprise mommy.

"What do you think, baby girl?" I asked and she smiled. "Should we cook mommy breakfast? She deserves it right?" I asked happily in a baby voice, making her smile even more.

She is so precious.

Finally finished with her clothing, I made sure to put her socks on and slightly brushed her hair back.

Once I was done, I held her in my arms as we made our way to the kitchen.

Today was going to be a great day. Being around my family during the holidays is something special. Now with my baby girl in the picture, it felt even more perfect.

Everyone would be meeting at the mansion except Ivanka and Richard who were busy back in their hometown but they plan to come for New Years. Jimin and Kiara also couldn't be here to join us this year because the happy couple was currently on their honeymoon as they tied the knot in a small ceremony on the 15th of this month.

They wanted to be around but we all wanted them to enjoy their time together as newlyweds.

As we finally reached the kitchen, I placed Halo in the corner in her swing far away but able to keep an eye on her. We placed a few of them all over just in case she was awake and we needed to keep an eye on her.