45

Sat. 4th Nov. 2023

Namjoon's POV

As I sat down inside Kiara's cafe with my leg bouncing slightly, I was trying to calm my nerves down. A lot was happening today for me. I was meeting my mother alone for the first time to talk and tonight I was proposing to the love of my life.

The guys were currently at the location setting up while I spoke with Yara. I also wanted to tell her about Angel and what I wanted to do. I was planning on asking her to join us later. I saw how sad Seokjin was at his wedding knowing that the only parent figure there was Ellen.

For me, I don't want that, not when my mother was this close by and I could fix things. I'm not saying a lot is going to change but I want her there.

The door to the cafe opened and I looked in it's direction to see my mother looking around for me while she held her bag in front of her with knitted eyebrows.

I quickly stood up and waved her down. She smiled when she noticed me and hurriedly made her way to me.

When she reaches in front of me, she didn't hesitate to hug me and I did the same. It felt really good if I was honest. As we part, I pulled out her chair and she sat down thanking me.

I took my seat and clasped my hands on the table and she did the same with the both of us smiling slightly at each other.

"How are you?" she asked first.

"Well I'm fine. I'm kind of nervous though." I admit.

She laughs softly. "I'm nervous too. It's the first time we're alone and talking but I like it."

I smiled, completely agreeing with her. "Me too."

She looks around the restaurant and nods. "Kiara really did well with this place. It's so cozy."

"Yeah. I kind of help her with advertising this place so I'm glad to see everyone come and enjoy it."

"Do you like your job?" she questions.

"At first, no but overtime, I became accustomed and now I can't really imagine not doing it. It feels nice that I can help people show off their businesses. Also the pay isn't bad.'' I joked and she laughed.

"But to be honest, just seeing my clients happy with the results makes it nice. Also to share that with Angel now is even better. She tells me she feels the same way I do." I expressed.

When Angel first started, she didn't understand how I could do it but then it slowly grew on her. One day, we were having a conversation about our work and she said that seeing how happy our clients were made her feel good. It may not have been her ideal job but it does it for her.

"I'm glad that you both enjoy it. I also must say I'm really proud of you. You've grown to be an amazing man and Angel is truly good for you." she says with a sad smile.

"I wasn't always like this." I say and I watch as her face goes serious. "The reason why I needed time was because I didn't know if I was ready to let you know who I was before."

It was true. I'm not proud of my past and now that she is here, she is seeing the new me and I can see how proud she is of Seokjin, Taehyung and I. I felt like if I told her, she would be disappointed.

"If you're that worried, try me." she says and I lowered my head as I bit my lip.

"Because of what I went through with dad, I did horrible things. I took my anger out on everyone. I slept with people who were in relationships and ratted on them. I blamed you every time for it. Then dad ruined me and I basically was turning into him." I explained.