39

Sat. 8th Oct. 2022

Namjoon's POV

"Are you sure everything is ready?"

"Yes, now can we surprise the birthday girl?" Shae asked and I nodded.

Today was the love of my life's birthday. She was turning 24 and I wanted to do something really special since she hasn't been in the best mood. Everyone was here including Ellen, Ivanka and Richard. Ivanka baked her a cake since it was like a tradition Angel's parents used to do.

Layla told everyone that the Reeds would bake a cake, sing happy birthday before she wakes up and have a fully planned day. When Ivanka and Richard can't always make it, Layla, Seokjin and Jimin would mostly do the honors.

Thankfully, I was blessed with the chance this year of being there to celebrate with her and I was happy. I even got a huge surprise planned for the afternoon which everyone knows about. Everyone became emotional and some even shared a few tears when I told them what my gift was. It was something I know that will cheer her up immediately and I really hope she becomes okay after.

As we all slowly tiptoed inside our bedroom, she was laying down peacefully sleeping. Thank God she wasn't naked because that would have been embarrassing. As we all huddled around the bed, everyone watched me and I nod giving the go.

We all shouted as we sang the happy birthday song and she immediately jumped up from her sleep as she stared at us with a soft smile. Just seeing that made my heart swell because she rarely smiled lately.

"Happy Birthday To Youuuuuu!" We all finished singing and cheered.

She softly laughed and clapped her hands together. Ivanka then leans down making sure to give her the perfect view of her cake.

"Make a wish sweetie." Ivanka says and she nods.

We all watched as she closed her eyes for a few seconds and then opened them blowing out her candles. Once again, we erupted in cheers and she smiled. I knew that it was genuine as her eyes held a glimmer of happiness in them.

"I can't believe you guys actually made it here." she says to Ivanka and Richard.

"With everything you're going through right now, how could we? Your family Angie." Richard says and I can see that made her a little emotional.

"Alright I can't cry anymore. I want to get drunk and celebrate my best friend's birthday so suck it up Angie." Layla said and everyone laughed.

As Angel came off the bed, everyone hugged her one by one. The last person to hug her before me was Ivanka as she placed the cake in Richard's hand. They all then left the room leaving the both of us alone.

She then stalked towards me and wrapped her hands around my torso hugging me tightly. Without hesitation, I hugged her back as I laid my chin softly on her head.

"Happy birthday my love." I mumbled softly.

"Thanks baby. Thank you for bringing everyone here." she replies, making me feel good that she seemed a bit brighter today.

As we slowly pulled apart with me still holding her, she looked up at me and gave me a soft smile.

"I have a few things planned for today so go shower and get dressed. Everyone will be in the dining room. We're all going to eat breakfast together before we leave."

She nodded and hugged me tight once again. Staying there for a few minutes, we finally parted and she headed to the bathroom.

I head out the bedroom making my way to the dining room. I see that everyone was sitting down around the table, chatting amongst themselves until they noticed me.